⚪Chapter 31: Meeting The Knight

Then there they saw Lancelot in a handsome knightly uniform, showing the most dazzling smile they've ever seen. Unlike Anastasius' calming pure smile, the man's smile looked a bit more wild and mischievous but his eyes offered the sense of perseverance and loyalty, the textbook appearance of a perfect knight, it had a whole different vibe that really strikes the ladies' hearts.

And among everyone in the field, those eyes were solely focused on Anastasius.

Anastasius looked back at him, slightly narrowing his eyes to study the man. Trying to remember where he had met him. And after a few moments, his eyes brightened up following a warm smile. He recognized him!

"Lancelot?" He asked out loud. Which the man answered with a sigh of relief, he was almost afraid Anastasius would forget about him after their first and last meeting in his Social Debut.

You see, Anastasius is a very warm person, you'll never see him get angry, nor too sad. Other than positive emotions, he doesn't express much in the other side of the spectrum. What more is that he's also probably the kindest man you'll ever meet in your life!

However, he treats everyone the same, which makes you have this feeling that he never really puts anyone in his heart.

It's almost as if...he's merely here to play around, to visit us maybe, like a deity. As though the life he's currently living isn't his and so he doesn't feel the need to open up his heart and let someone conquer it. Lancelot thinks.

This does not mean to say that Anastasius is selfish, double-faced nor is he not true to himself. It just means as it is. In fact even Charles knew this already, he spent the most time with Anastasius beside Lucas after all.

But instead of feeling repulsed, it makes one more afraid, insecure even. They're afraid that Anastasius will just slip away one day, deciding to leave everyone without much though, disappearing into nowhere wearing the same smile he wears everyday.

Not aware of the many hearts he will break if he ever did so.

By now only Lancelot and Charles had observed this personality of Anastasius that even the man himself didn't notice. This explains Charles' possessiveness towards him, and Lancelot's diligence to be the best knight in the world that even Anastasius would never forget.

"I'm honored you still remember this small subject, Young Master Anastasius." Lancelot replied with a bigger smile now.

Everyone gasped in surprise. This guy Anastasius is not really someone to mess around with... How come he has so much connection with powerful hot men!? They all thought.

Anastasius wore a helpless smile, "I'm just Anastasius here while you're our mentor. Please don't use honorifics!" He said, blushing slightly out of embarrassment.

Lancelot only let out a hearty laugh before answering, "Okay, Okay, Anastasius."

The lesson started with a warm atmosphere. Probably because Anastasius' shy appearance is very therapeutic, affecting even his classmates who didn't have much opinion about him.

The noble ladies sat in the nearby gazebo, happily watching the boys demonstrate Lancelot's lessons in front of them. And while the boys does their little demonstration in the background, Lancelot kept his attention to the ladies, explaining the steps to them.

He really wanted to make them try self-defense because out of everyone, they're the ones who need it the most. People might think "But they're noble ladies, no one would dare hurting them!" But Lancelot can only shake his head. They didn't know how common physical and sexual abuse are especially in arranged marriages. And most of it continues on secretly, hidden under layers of makeup. Those abused women can't even tell their parents about it out of shame or fear of disappointment!