Extra 2

It has been a few months since Elenor was engaged with Alec. Immediately the day after being engaged, Alec had already ordered his men to take all her belongings from the Marquess' household into his place.

"Wait- what about my parents and brother!?" she tried to reason but her parents waved goodbye to her, tears welling up in their eyes as they sent her off.

"Remember to always visit us!!" they cried out, hugging her.

Her brother, Richard was busy taking care of his work as he was now the Marquess, their father finally retiring once Elenor woke up from her coma. He only found out that Alec had taken (stolen) his little sister away once he returned back home and without wasting time, he went to the household, demanding his little sister to stay with them until their wedding.

"My apologies, brother-in-law but Elenor herself said she would like to stay with me." Alec said, flatly.

Elenor who was standing beside Alec nearly dropped her jaw to the ground as she listened to him utter lies to Richard.

'I never said that!?'

Richard turned to Elenor with sad downturned eyes, "Did..did you really say that?"

Elenor was about to reply to him, exposing Alec's lie but when she noticed his gaze on her which felt extremely pressuring, she swallowed back her words and said,

"..Yes..."

Thanks to her answer, Richard reluctantly returned back to the Marquess' household, empty handed.

Elenor could tell she said the right answer as she felt the aura around Alec seemed to have brightened up. The servants and workers working in the Duke Cullingford's household were all hand picked by Alec himself along with a few that used to be victims of Hera's abuse who decided to follow under him.

Elenor grew used to the new environment she was in and became laidback, lounging around, spending her time either napping or doing nothing. Her three maids which she was the closest with, Alice, Paige and Denice followed her claiming that they would follow her wherever she went.

"Madam, I heard that someone who was a Count's son tried to propose to Lady Isabella!!" Denice mentioned as they were dressing her up after her bath.

Elenor sighed, shaking her head. "Just call me miss, I am only engaged not married. I also heard this from Isabella, she came to me immediately after he proposed. She said he was disgusting as he tried to kiss up to her."

Alice lightly giggled, combing her hair slowly, "Lady Isabella really likes Lord Richard doesn't she?"

Elenor smiled brightly, "That's right, I hope the two will be able to be together."

Paige chuckled at their miss' excitement, "Shouldn't you be more excited about your wedding instead?"

"I am! However watching romance bloom in front of me is also exciting." Elenor grinned.

Paige adjusted the dress on Elenor before remembering something, "Ah that's right miss, the injury you had before. It's been quite some time already but how is it?"

Elenor raised an eyebrow, trying to recall about it, "Is it that time I got stabbed?"

"What!? You got stabbed?!" Denice yelled out before her mouth was shut tight by Alice.

"The wound has been reduced to a really light scar so it isn't really visible unless you really look at it. Why did you suddenly bring this up Paige?" she questioned, finding it odd that she suddenly brought it up.

Paige had a guilty look on her face as she responded, "I was talking to Alice about it when suddenly Alec- I mean the Duke overheard our conversation."