eight

08. Ordinary People

"Why is she with us again?" Aria asked Alaric, as they, along with Elena walked in the tunnels underneath the Lockwood's property.

"Because she heard me and Damon talk about the cave, I tried to stop her but she wouldn't take no for a answer" Alaric explained.

While Natalie and Damon were having their heart to heart, Mason Lockwood had taken Alaric down to the cave, telling him that down here was a weapon that could kill Klaus.

"Great" Aria whispered, "Elena, you realise whatever Nik killing weapon is down there, I'm not going to let you use it".

"And you realise I'm not going to stop until Klaus is dead" Elena retorted.

"You won't be able to kill Klaus if your dead first" Aria mumbled, which Elena didn't hear, but Alaric did, causing him to laugh, but he quickly covered it with a cough.

"So the Lockwoods have no idea these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked Alaric.

"Yeah, careful where you shine that thing" Alaric replied, gesturing towards the torches both the girls were holding, "Bats hate the light".

Aria looked at Alaric in shock, "You never mentioned any bats Ric!".

Before Alaric could say anything Aria heard someone whisper her name, causing her to turn around quickly.

"Boo!" Damon yelled, scaring Aria.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Aria yelled, slapping Damon's shoulder.

"Scaredy cat" Damon teased, placing a quick kiss on Aria's lips.

"Just ignore him, that's what I do" Alaric teased.

"He wouldn't be able to live if I started ignoring him" Aria teased, giving Damon a teasing smile.

"So you really can't get in?" Elena asked, getting fed up of Damon and Aria's interaction.

"No, it seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti vampire" Damon said.

"Ancient?" Aria asked confused.

"See for yourself" Damon replied, grabbing Aria's hand and taking her towards the cave, "Well, this is as far as I get to go".

Alaric, Aria and Elena entered the cave and Aria was immediately hit with deja vu, she felt like she has been down here before.

"I've been here before" Aria whispered.

"What?" Alaric asked.

"I feel like I've been here before, not in this life, but in my past one" Aria replied.

"Me and Ric figured that out Ria" Damon said.

"How?" Aria asked confused.

"By these" Alaric said, showing Aria the ancient symbols on the wall.

"What is all this?" Elena asked confused.

"As far as I can tell, it's a story" Alaric replied, "In simple archeological terms, it's a really, really old story", Alaric shined his torch towards one of the symbols, "That right there is a moon cycle, a man, a wolf".