[50] Do Not Test The Witch

I could see each drop of the rain falling, passing through the ray of upside down Jeep's back lights and slowly adding to the muddy puddle on the ground

One drop.

Another.

I couldn't count then.

The tears kept flowing through my burning eyes.

The thunder was loud but louder was the silence of the wolves.

The lightning showed the content faces of the Lycans who knew that they had won.

The border had won. Again.

Who was to be blamed? The Lycans? The border?

Wasn't it Alpha Rucus who asked for it?

Fresh wind shifted the direction of the rain just like Gilbert placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me to face him slowly.

Putting two fingers under my chin, he grimaced when I looked up in his eyes. In the dark, I could only see the lack of reaction. The shadow had darkened his face, making it impossible for me to observe him.

What was he thinking? What did he find out just by looking in my eyes?

I understood that I would never be able to completely read him.

The fingers slipped slowly from under my chin and he pulled his hand back.

A cry jolted my head back to the far right.

His silence had made Keira fall on the ground in shock. Eva lost her focus and got attacked by a wicked Anton.

Within a blink, she was turned around with her hands on the back, being cuffed by the same thick chain she had used to attack them before. Anton kicked on the back of her knee, made her kneel and hit her head when she tried to move.

Looking at Thomas, my heart twisted a little at catching him looking at me only. The forehead was covered with wet hair and chin with blood. It was his eyes that were big and full of shock as if he had reached a conclusion.

"You shouldn't have thrown her here if you only had to perform this failed attempt of a rescue in the end," said Virion, coming forward while hitting Thomas on the back of his head on the way with a sneer.

I sniffled softly, unable to understand the logic. After all, I wasn't like them.

I was born a human.

Lysar tilted his head while squinting his eyes in pettiness. Giving Pete a disgusting look, he let out a loud an irritated huff. "Or you could have simply come earlier," he taunted, shrugging his shoulders a little.

I bit my trembling lip when Anton grabbed Eva's hair while smirking, "We could have let you take her away then. As we know, it is a family custom to run away from the mate and leave little pups behind."

My body stiffened while Eva let out a growl.

Lysar looked at me blankly.

Thomas let out a humorless chuckle while trying to get up from the ground. "Right. If my mother hadn't run away, your brother would have lost his shit way earlier without Misty's existence!"

Anton looked at him, growling lowly. His fists tightened while Thomas only spat the blood.

Virion stepped back and took a round around Thomas, giving him an annoyed glare. "Well, aren't you talking too much for that bleeding little mouth?" He taunted calmly.

Thomas looked up at him, his knees slipping into the mud when he tried to fight exhaustion and get up. "Wait until you hear me counting the names of the males who fancied Savina and still do, brother-in-law-"