[50-II] Do Not Test The Lycan

The Lycans halted in their tracks.

The whole sky was filled with a loud thunder. Grey clouds shined as they got outlined when lightning jolted behind them. The wind were taking them away.

The rain started to calm down and it actually stopped the moment, the four brothers turned around to look at the Alpha of Rucussa who had finally opened his mouth.

Kingston stood properly, facing Pete again and showing speechlessness.

"You think that will hurt us?" Virion said, letting out a confident chuckle. "It will hurt you, your pack and the packs who will follow this sinful thought."

Pete blinked calmly, opening his fists and pushing his not-so-long hair back from the forehead. The blood mixed with the rain on his face, leaking down from the forehead wounds. The confidence radiated off him as he nodded with a slight clench of the jaws.

"I am sure it won't be as hurtful for you as being prisoned inside the border forever," replied Pete while I blinked in shock.

Was he really doing this?

Even Gilbert and his pups looked shocked. Not the mere shock. Eva and Keira were wide-eyed and Thomas had this surprised and goofy smile on his face.

"Misty is special," said Pete while nodding at Karam. "Very Precious. If you have gotten her, you don't need any more brides. So, forget arriving to the borders next time."

Lysar looked quite tensed.

Virion and Anton were also low-key freaking out with the way they looked at Kingston.

"As you wish, Alpha Pete. I hope, it will make you sleep in peace at night." The Alpha of Lycans replied without a worry and turned around, not showing his face anymore.

Karam didn't move while Robin was staring at Pete in confusion.

"You throw your sister across the border. You fail to take her away because of the border. You cannot take your mate away because of the border," said Robin while giving him a plain look. "How pleasing to know that you are pouring out your anger on us."

"Our males are stronger than you," said Anton while glaring hard at my brother. "Unlike you, they stay at peace and accept the fates. It is you who will not be able to survive. We will live. Our brothers will live. Our pups will live."

"For how long," said Pete, giving him a stern look. "Three centuries. More? Soon there will be no one behind this border. My pack's descendants will leave flowers on the graves of dedicated wolf mates who were sent here and the Lycan females who never met their mates on this territory."

"What I am suffering today will suffer your heir soon. But I have a younger brother, first cousins while your heir won't have one," said Pete and Kingston stopped again to turn around and glare at him. "His mate won't enter the territory. The pure Lycan blood Alpha will have no Luna. Soon, no pure blooded descendant. Soon, no descendant at all. No Lycans at all."

Lysar flared his nostrils and directly asked, "What do you want?"

Pete released a breath and turned around to walk towards the Jeep.

"Misty cannot cross the border. She will die!" Lysar yelled angrily. 

I felt empty when Gilbert stood straight and sat in the driver's seat.

I breathed harshly.

He started the engine.

Wind slapped my cheeks and brought fresh tears to my eyes.