Chapter 14

In the limo, I couldn't seem to keep my gaze off of Valentina as she sat on the opposite side of me

She looked absolutely beautiful. The dress was almost tailored for her, fitting her perfectly. My male pride did not allow me to convey just how stunning she looked tonight which has been bothering me. I had to remind myself that I shouldn't grow soft for her.

As I closed my eyes, I took a deep breath. I hope tonight will go as planned. I had made sure Giavanni and his wife Maria will be attending the event tonight, it was crucial for them to see me with Valentina.

This might be my one-way ticket to finally ruin Giavanni Bianchi. I found out a lot of information thanks to my men. It turns out Maria has protected Valentina from Giavanni. She really kept her past life from Givanni which was pretty impressive to me, it's not that easy hiding your past. Especially from the mafia.

Maria was his weakness. When he finds out about Valentina, it could be used to my advantage. Valentina's role in my plan is very important. She doesn't know yet but she'll soon figure it out.

Valentina appeared to be lost in her thoughts. I wondered what was going on in that pretty brain of hers.

"As soon as we enter the residence, you are not allowed to talk to anyone except me. Don't drink and don't leave without telling me first. Got it?" I instructed her. I needed to ensure everything went my way.

She let out a huff. "Might as well put me on a leash," she muttered. When she realized what she'd said, her eyes grew wide.

I gave her a slight smirk. "Is that what you want?"

After briefly growing red, she quickly shook her head and stared out the window. It's hard to tell what she's looking at from the inside, the windows were tainted pretty dark.

Then my eyes drifted to her chest. Why did she have to wear this dress?

I really needed to get my shit together, damn.

A voice from my driver informed me that we had arrived.

After positioning my suit, I was ready to leave the car. Valentina quickly glanced at me, so I carefully held her hand and lifted her up from her seat.

Her eyes widen at the huge estate in front of her. I wondered how she'd react if she saw the mansions I owned. Here's the mansion of Xavier Verlice. He's not a mobster, but he's pretty big in the shipping industry. He and I are quite close friends.

I took my time admiring the beauty right next to me. There was something about her that captivated me so much. As soon as she was done gawking, I entwined our arms and led her to the main entrance where two guards stood.

"Evening Mr. Ivanov," one of them greeted. I gave them a small nod and entered the huge residence with Valentina close to me.

A comforting smile reassured her, "don't be nervous." She looked at me with shock on her face and I can see why. I don't smile often.