(Chapter 43) Cold As Ice

Lucinda P.O.V

"Lucinda?" Y/n calls once again, snapping me out of my trance. I look up at her as she looks back with a gaze of worry and concern. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine" I say, hoping to hide my worries from her, even though I know I shouldn't.

"Lucinda, please don't lie to me" Y/n says as she takes my hand. Her concerned expression beaming guilt through me.

"I..." I start, trying to think of a good lie but stop myself before I can. I just look down and stay silent.

I feel Y/n's hands slide around my own and get a rush of energy as she does. I smile instinctively forms on my face and I can't help but let out a small chuckle at Y/n's warm smile.

"There's that beautiful smile. Now come on, I'm hungry, I haven't eaten in two days" Y/n jokes as she pulls me towards the table.

Everyone starts to sit down and Y/n quickly lets go of my hand, vaults over the table, grabbing the bottle of ketchup as she goes and lands in the seat on the opposite side. Right, where Dante was about to sit.

"Really?" He says, slightly annoyed.

"Sorry" Y/n says while looking guilty but still with a large grin on her face. Kawaii-Chan rushes over and sits next to Y/n, where Dante was once again about to sit.

"You know what" Dante says, clearly frustrated. "I'll just sit at the other end of the table"

Y/n and Kawaii-Chan both laugh. I go to sit next to Y/n but Zane sits to the other side of her. I sit next to Zane and Aaron sits next to me with Aphmau next to him. Y/n leans behind Zane and looks over at me with a worried face.

"Zane. I know that I'm a girl but you're really coc..." Y/n starts before I interrupt.

"It's fine Y/n, It'd be rude of me to hog you all to myself" I say, then mumble. "Even though I really want to"

The expression on Y/n's face says that she heard me considering she's got a worried smirk.

"Well, dig in everyone" Eric says as he finishes placing the final plate of food on the table for everyone to take what they want.

"Thanks Mr Katelyn's Dad" Y/n says.

"You're very welcome Y/n. And please, it's Eric" Eric says with a cheerful smile then looks to Katelyn with a smug face. "See Katelyn, that's called being polite"

"She beat me by like two seconds dad, sheesh" Katelyn says and the table lets out a small chuckle.

Everyone takes turns talking and laughing while they all try to avoid the topic of Ian and our fight. Though, all I can really focus on is Y/n. The way she laughs, the way she smiles, and how she is currently drowning her food in ketchup. My Irene, I'm lucky to have her.

We lock eyes for a breath second, with her giving a warm, loving smile. However, after she turns away, I feel cold. I look down at my hand, desperate for her touch.

"You alright?" Aaron asks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good" I say, quickly trying to get an answer out as to not make him suspicious.