xxx. for you (i would ruin myself)

Aurora waited nervously until Lois had gotten back, and of course this is the one day her sister comes back later than usual

Aurora waited nervously until Lois had gotten back, and of course this is the one day her sister comes back later than usual. Everyone had been asking if she was okay—she hadn't been able to sit still for longer than 5 seconds—and she most definitely wasn't.

So when Lois walked out of the fireplace, Aurora shot up from her seat on the sofa and grabbed her sister's hand, dragging her upstairs and into her room.

"Nice to see you too?" Lois said, confused, watching her sister close the door hurriedly behind her.

"Lois," Aurora stated, already pacing back and forth. "I like Remus." She said it in Russian so no one would overhear anything she was saying or going to say.

"Okay," She drew out cautiously, copying her sister by speaking Russian. "As in like like?"

"Yes like like!" Aurora snapped. She sat down on her bed, head in her hands. "Sorry, I'm...trying to deal with this. Quite awfully at the moment though it seems."

Lois laughed lightly and sat down next to her twin. "When did you realise?"

Aurora groaned, head still in hands. "We were just sitting quietly, having a small conversation. Then it hit me. I like Remus. Dear god, I like Remus!"

She stood back up, pacing again in an effort to distract her mind, but the only thought in her mind was Remus. "I can't like Remus." She decided to say, having stopped her pacing. "But I do." Another groan.

"Rory, sit down before you tear a hole through the floor with your pacing." Aurora did as her sister said, breathing heavily. "Good. Now, what are you going to do about this?"

Aurora turned to face her sister. "I don't know." The words were quiet as they left her mouth, she was almost worried that her sister didn't hear her, but the kind smile Lois offered showed she did.

"That's alright. You don't need to know right now. But Remus would be crazy to not reciprocate." Aurora nodded slowly, her breathing returning to normal and finally being able to hear her own thoughts.

"I want to visit home," She decided. "And I want you to come too."

"Okay." Lois nodded standing up and offering a hand to Aurora to help her as well. "Is there any reason why?"

"Because I want to be with my sisters and watch the Aristocats, obviously." She grinned at her sister. She left out the part to where she was hoping she could avoid Remus for the night, but Aurora knew that Lois picked up on it anyway.

"Obviously."

Aurora walked out of the room, Lois following her as they descended the stairs. "What was that about?" Sirius asked once he saw them enter the room, referring to when his wife had been dragged up the stairs before any of them could say anything.

"Birthdays!" "Childbirth!" They both said at the same time having now slipped back into English.

Aurora turned to her sister childbirth? she mouthed, part of her curious as to what Lois was thinking when the thought went through her mind. But the more sane part did not want to.

"We were talking about the possibility of giving birth on your own birthday." Lois said, probably thinking that she cleared it all up smoothly, wiggling her eyebrows up and down to Aurora.

"Okay..." Sirius said, definitely not believing them.

"Great! Now that that's all cleaned up, we've got to get going." Lois said cheerily, grabbing Aurora's hand and taking her to the fireplace.

"And where is it you're going?"

"To talk about the possibility of childbirth on your birthday with our parents. Isn't that right Rory?" She turned to look at her sister and Aurora found herself nodding.

"It's a very interesting subject. We definitely need to discuss it with our parents." She affirmed, rather pathetically.

Lois grinned over at her husband. "We'll be back tomorrow, love you!" She quickly placed a kiss on his cheek, then she turned around to the fireplace, picking up some floo powder and reciting their parents' address, Aurora following.

"Really? The possibility of childbirth on your birthday? Is that the best you could come up with?" Was the first thing Aurora said to her sister once she emerged out of the fireplace in their parents' house.

"It just slipped out! And I handled it!" Lois justified, walking over to the kitchen where they could hear their parents talking.

"Hello." Aurora said entering the room, not really wanting to discuss the reasons behind Lois' excuse, walking over to her mother to hug her.

"I wasn't expecting a visit." She said smiling once they pulled away.

"Rory's freaking out over realising she likes the man she's going to marry." Lois filled in helpfully, ignoring the glare Aurora sent in her direction and choosing to pick up an apple from the fruit bowl and bite into it.

"Why would you freak out over that?" Her dad asked, a bemused expression on his face.

"I don't want to talk about it." Aurora grumbled. "Where's Rosie? I want to watch The Aristocats." Aurora redirected the conversation away from Remus, but it didn't seem like her mum was going to let go so easily.

"Remus was so lovely when we met him, why would you be freaking out?"

Aurora sighed heavily, but still chose to ignore the subject.

As if she had a sixth sense, Rosie came bounding into the room, a wide grin on her face once she saw her sisters.

"Hiya." Aurora smiled at her younger sister, a matching grin on her own face. "Want to watch a movie?"

Rosie nodded eagerly and ran out of the room hopping over excitedly to the living room.

Aurora moved to go and follow her, just like Lois and her mother had, but a hand on her shoulder paused her actions.

"You can't run from your feelings, Aurora." He spoke in Russian.

"I'm not hiding, I'm just...avoiding?"

"You don't sound so sure." He shot her a skeptical look but removed his hand.

"I'm probably not." Aurora laughed weakly. She knew that she was avoiding Remus tonight, but it had been a while since they had a family movie night and she just wanted a distraction for a while.

She would not have a distraction if Remus was anywhere near her, that was for certain.

AN:
sorry for not posting in a while, i finished my exams a few days ago and am now on easter holidays for two weeks!! yay :)

happy easter everyone!! and thank you all sm for over 80k reads (i genuinely cannot believe this) and 4k votes!! ahhhh! lysm🥰

fuck marry kill: ginny, fred, charlie

this was not reread whoops

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS (this will be a thing now sorry, basically going to be the books i've recently finished and enjoyed):
—kingdom of the wicked - took a while to get into but i loved it by the 80th page
—the shadows between us - the way i would die for this book is crazy, read it in one sitting and i would 100% die for kallias if asked