sixteen

The next morning I wake up, everything was a blur. I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling and rubbed my skin against a soft linen bedding. A breath of relief escaped my lips when I rolled to the side and there was still a good distance left in between the two of us.

Liam was sleeping. Next to me. Soundly and peacefully. His chest heaved up and down slowly following the soft pattern of his breathing. My eyes involuntarily traveled downward as I observed his toned chest. My heart raced and heat rose up to my face accordingly. I gripped harder onto my comforter and quickly turned away.

What the heck was that?

My imaginary went wild. So wild that I had to force myself to shut my eyes and gave my mind another rest.

"Hello?" Standing in the middle of somewhere, I began to look around. My eyes darted quickly across the big one space I was standing in mid of only to then recognize it as a warehouse.

A very familiar warehouse but I couldn't make up where and when had I been there before.

Inside it was dark and cold. Sounds of water dripping and metal clanking, I tried to shake it off. There was nobody there. Nobody but me.

"Help." A voice whispered and my head turned quickly from left to right, "Help me. Please" It came again. This time sounding even more breathless.

A horror gasp escaped my lips and tears burn my eyes. From about a yard away, crawling out of the dark shadow was a girl.

A bloody-soaked girl.

Her head hung low so I couldn't see her face. But immediately, the first thought that went through my head was.

She was that girl. The girl Liam murdered on the night I first moved into his home. It must be the same girl because what a consequence that they both looked exactly alike. She had long hair and so did that girl. The color of her hair though I couldn't make up as her whole head was covered in deep red shade of blood.

"Save me. Help me." The girl kept on whimpering and as she got closer and closer to me, I stepped back. Suddenly, I couldn't speak or move. My legs froze and so were my lips. A yelp escaped my throat when I felt something on my feet.

Removing my eyes from the moving bloody girl in front of me, I looked down. A hand grabbed on one of my ankle, holding me still. It was a big hand. A man hand, I assumed.

At that point, nothing was making any senses. All I knew was I was beyond petrified.

Someone please save me. Anyone.

A voice spoke in my head but no sound actually came out. I felt like I was about to faint and I did.

And the very last few words I remembered hearing just right before I went out.

"He will ruin you."

In pool of my own sweats, I laid very still. The only part of me that were moving around was my eyes as they scanned the familiar view.

I was back.

My tensed muscles quickly came loosen and I tried to move my hands and feet. I cleared my throat and slowly brought myself up.