20

「Remembering his words, a smirk played on my lips as the words left my mouth in a threateningly low voice.

"And I remember telling you that I won't regret a thing."」

He snorted dryly; the apparent laugh drained off any amusement before the pressure of the blade against my skin increased once more. It took everything within me to stifle the wince that threatened to escape my lips, the sound turning into a breathy groan, instead.

"You're awfully brave, aren't you, Hayes?" He wondered out loud, lips twitching into a condescending smile as his eyes flickered over my entire body in a matter of mere seconds. "Just remember I'm the one backing you up against a wall here."

As the words left his lips, he pressed me into the cold glass of the window a little harsher, a sharp hiss escaping my mouth in response.

Still, I tilted my chin upwards defiantly, eyes searching for his and locking them in place as soon as his grey, stormy eyes connected with mine.

"Just remember that I'm the one letting you, Malfoy," I drawled, head tilting slightly as I watched the stern expression on his face falter, the sight making a smile appear on mine.

"Yeah?" He asked, nose scrunching up as the words left his mouth. "And why would you do that?"

I went to glance down at the blade against my throat again, though. Instead, my gaze got caught on his lips, a pale pink and slightly parted, only inches from my own.

Gaze flickering up to his eyes only for a second before it landed right back on them, my own eyes closing as soon as I felt them on mine.

Our breaths hitched painfully synchronised, my hands in his hair before I even made the conscious decision to place them there, and his left hand still holding the blade to my throat while the other one cupped my waist and pushed it into the window behind me.

I felt his tongue play with mine as the tip of the blade — the metal cold — traced along my skin. I felt his lips moving onto my neck as his grip on my waist tightened.

And I couldn't help but enjoy the way all those things made me feel.

Head falling back against the window, I took a sharp breath, followed by a stifled moan that slipped past my tongue as his lips brushed over the minor cut on my throat.

My hands tightened in his hair, pulling it upwards — and coercing a sound similar to a groan out of him — before my eyes opened with his face inches from mine again. I picked up my head, chest heaving and lips slightly parted as I scanned his face;

Cheeks slightly flushed, lips a darker pink than they were before as they parted to flick his tongue over them. His brows raised as his gaze fell back down to my neck, a smirk forming in the corners of his lips as he raised a hand to run a single finger along my skin there.

Goosebumps forming behind his trail; it felt like a jet of electricity rattling through my entire body down to my core as his thumb gently flicked over my cut skin. The reaction only making him increase the pressure on it.

I couldn't help my breath hitching, breath growing heavier again as a cruel smile played on his lips now, fingers still lingering on my neck.

"Pain?" He muttered, eyes batting open after the words left his mouth. "Can't say I'm surprised, Hayes."

"Really?" I wondered, an innocent smile on my lips and my eyes connecting with his. "Tell me, Malfoy—" My voice was no more than a thick whisper, my face inching closer to his and our lips almost brushing against each other. — "How often have you thought about what I like to not be surprised by that?"

He hummed in amusement at the words, though before I had the chance to hear his — no doubt snarky — reply, the rattling of the doorknob made both of our heads shoot in said direction; My eyes falling behind him as his head turned.

"Merlin, Draco, I only needed my wand—" It came from outside, no doubt Daphne's voice cutting off as she realised the door was locked. "Why is this locked?" She asked, then, her voice already higher than usual.

Our eyes landed on each other simultaneously, taking the other in cautiously as the dagger still in his left hand raised to my cheek, pressing the cold metal against my skin rather than into it.

"Don't get it twisted, Hayes," He said, and I felt the sharp edge against my cheek turn back into the dull end of his wand. "Just because I'd fuck you doesn't mean I wouldn't kill you."

With that, he pushed himself several feet away from me, pocketing his wand and hurrying over to Daphne's nightstand to pick hers up on the way.

A little delayed, I scoffed at his words, leisurely walking over to my own bed as he threw an irritated look over his shoulder. "What?" He asked, annoyance lacing his words. I picked up the fallen book from earlier before I answered his question.

"Who said I'd let you?" I shrugged, then, hand ruffling through my hair as I took on the same position I had left earlier, back against the headrest, legs crossed and sprawled out in front of me.

His lips turned into a smirk as his wand pointed at the door to unlock it when he stood in front of it. "You'll say it," He stated casually, his hand trying to tame the mess his hair was in. "Trust me, Hayes. You'll say it."

The door unlocked, and he pulled it open before Daphne had the chance to do so from outside, pushing past her before she ever had a chance to glance into her own dorm.

"What took so long?" She asked in interest, and all I heard before the door closed was a muffled, "Well, with the mess your nightstand is in, you can't blame me—"

The door closed and my eyes fell on her neatly cleaned bedside table opposite of mine, nothing more than a lamp and a single book on it. I rolled my eyes, lazily flicking my wand in the general direction of her sleeping quarters.

Her bed un-made itself, the drawers of her nightstand opening before all things in it messily scattered across her table, bed and floor.

I watched in light amusement before picking the book up where I left off. 

A/N: How fun :)