unfinished business

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

flynn and stasie stood in the corner of the corridor, watching as julie interacted with her life-long crush: nick. they waited until nick had walked off to rush to their best friend.

"well, that wasn't just a 'what's up?'" flynn pointed out.

"yeah, tell us what happened." stasie nudged julie.

"nick wanted to go on a date." julie confessed.

the two girls gasped, turned to look at each other and squealed.

"... and i said no." julie concluded.

"what?"

"no way."

"you know what you two said." julie sighed, "this luke thing isn't going away any time soon, so i-i figured: why waste nick's time?"

stasie agreed, "that's considerate of you, jules. you don't want to lead him on."

"exactly."

"awh! my baby's all grown up." flynn gushed. "she's choosing to like someone who doesn't really exist, but she's all grown up."

"but he does exist. to me." julie told her making stasie nod in understanding, "and he might just be air, but we connect in so many other ways."

flynn hummed, "you are the most watchable duet-ers i've ever seen."

"but it's not just singing." julie shook her head, "when we write, we're drawing from the same pain. we both know how it feels to lose our mums."

stasie frowned and began to feel sympathy for her friend. she put her arm around her shoulder and tugged her closer.

"do not make me cry." flynn began fanning her eyes, "i'm having a really good eyeliner day."

the jackson girl moved closer to flynn's face, "yeah, you are."

"it's just... luke's hurting so much, i wish i could help him." julie explained.

"maybe you could write him a song!" flynn suggested, "that would make him feel better!"

"oh my gosh, flynn, you're a genius!" julie's face lit up.

she slid out of stasie's hold and began walking in the opposite direction.

"jules!" stasie called out.

"julie, you still have class." flynn reminded her.

"right." julie turned on her feet and began walking towards them, "like i said... genius."

"see ya."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

nothing very interesting happened during school, so stasie went straight home. as she opened her bedroom door, she was greeted with reggie sitting on her floor, strumming his guitar.