20. Rank

(The weights mentioned in the chapter are fictitious. I will report and block anyone who criticizes someone else's weight.)

"Horses? Why are we taking horses?" I asked Seokjin. "Can't you fly us there?"

"Nighter, how many people do you think I can carry on my back? We have guards coming as well. You and I will be in the lead with Yugyeom beside us. He will help us find the way," he explained. He effortlessly climbed the horse. I stared at the horse that Yugyeom guided over to me.

"I don't know how to... do any of this," I said, motioning at the horse. I moved back a little when the horse bowed down its head to sniff my stomach. "Do I have to go?"

"Unfortunately, yes. But don't worry, you can ride with King Seokjin," Yugyeom said. "I can attach a double saddle for both of you so you're comfortable."

Seokjin got off his horse and let Yugyeom guide the horse to the stables. "Are you scared?" Seokjin asked me. He was wearing a chest plate and metal boots as armour

"Of meeting the creatures? No. They specifically asked for you and me, the worst they could do is kill us," I said.

"You're not afraid of death?" he asked.

"No," I said. "To be afraid of death, you need a reason to live or the reluctance to believe how life works."

"Have you lost anyone close to you?" he asked.

"I lost my whole life to the execution. I lost my girlfriend and her brother, I lost my parents and my job," I responded. "So if that's what you mean, then yes I have."

"Have you lost anyone to death?" he clarified his question.

"No," I lied. He nodded.

"Okay, is everyone prepared?" Yugyeom asked.

"I'm guessing Seokjin's sitting up front?" I asked.

"Actually the heavier person sits in front while the lighter person sits near the loins," Yugyeom explained.

"Oh," I said. "So who's lighter?"

"I'm 65kg," Seokjin said. "We can get a weighing scale for you if you want." I nodded and in response. It didn't take long for one of the staff to come with a weighing scale. I was not ashamed of my weight, I most certainly didn't care about people's judgements regarding my weight.

"70kg," Yugyeom readout. "Prince Nighter, you're sitting in front. King Seokjin, you're going to have to... wrap your arms around Nighter if you're going to guide the horse."

My eyes widened. "Fuck no!" I exclaimed.

"Nighter! No swearing!" Seokjin exclaimed.

"Another proposition," Yugyeom butt in before we could argue. "Nighter can sit with me. I'm 72kg. Moreover, I'm his personal guard, I can protect him as well."

"I don't mind that. As long as nobody is hugging me or anything," I said. Yugyeom shifted the double saddle from Seokjin's horse to his. In my peripheral vision, I could see Seokjin glaring at my personal guard. I sent him a look. "Stop it."

-

"How much farther?" I groaned out, resting my head on Yugyeom's back in exhaustion.

"About fifteen minutes," he said. "Your English is quite good. Did you learn it in school back on Jupiter?"

"School?" I asked. "What's school?"

"An institution for educating," he responded.

"Oh, schools weren't meant for everyone, only the lucky ones. We had training grounds," I responded. "English just happens to be one of our official languages in the country."

"Training for what?" he asked.

"Protecting the country, discipline, and how we should follow the dom-sub norms," I explained.

"Wow, sounds like a shitty country, no offence Prince Nighter," Yugyeom responded.

"Stop calling me with honorifics. Call me Nighter," I demanded.

"It's not appropriate for me to refer to you by your first name. Apologies, your majesty."

"It's an order."

He pursed his lips. "Unfortunately the King-" he started but I cut him off, knowing what he was going to say.

"Seokjin!" I called out. Seokjin slowed down his horse so Yugyeom and I could be right by his side. "Tell him that he can call me Nighter. Tell him to not use honorifics."

"Nighter, that's an absurd way for someone in a lower rank to refer to someone in higher rank," Seokjin responded.

"If that is the case, then shouldn't I be referring to you with honorifics? Since your orders are seen superior over the Princes', that means you're superior to us," I rebutted.

"You're my mate. You referring to me with honorifics would make you unequal in our relationship," he said. I stayed silent, waiting for him to realize that he supported my argument. Once he did, he looked defeated, but still kept his head high. "But if you wish for Yugyeom to stop referring to you with honorifics, then that's fine. But only Yugyeom."

I nodded. "Yugyeom, call me Nighter," I said.