Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ

"Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely."

– Roy T Bennet.

KHAN VILLA: 

Knock!...Knock!

Slowly and reluctantly Faryal opened her eyes. A soft knock awoke her, and she blinked groggily.

"Uhh", She whimpered.

She blinked, closed her eyes again, and snuggled closer to Zahra. Her hand was placed around Zahra above Zohaib's hand.

Knock!...Knock!

She heard someone knocking on the door, again.

"Yaaaar", she muttered in annoyance and sat up as she had no other option. In this way, Zahra will wake up due to the continuous knocking. She took quick steps towards the door and opened it to see who was there.

"Assalam u alikum Azra baji", Faryal kept a hand on her mouth and yawned.

"Faryal bibi Amma jan told me to give you this", Azra baji said. Faryal quizzically looked at the things in Azra baji's hand.

"Zohaib sahb's mother sent these things for him", Azra baji explained.

She moved her gaze towards the wall clock which said "7:33". Her eyes widened with the realization.

"He is late", she mumbled worriedly.

She hastily took Zohaib's work attire and car keys from Azra baji and closed the door behind her.

"Zohaib..wake up", she bent slightly and said in a low voice.

"You are getting late for work", she lightly tapped on his arm but he didn't budge at all.

"ZOHAIB YOU ARE GETTING LATE FOR WORK", she whisper yelled but didn't saw any progress.

"Muje kehthay hain k mein ghorhay bech kar sothi hun apna haal dekhen zara (He calls me a deep sleeper, he should look at himself )" , she huffed.

She looked at the wall clock again and heaved a sigh. She couldn't use the traditional way to wake him up because throwing water on him would disturb Zahra's sleep as well. Suddenly an idea popped up into her mind.

"You asked for it by yourself Mr. Zohaib", She grabbed his hand, took his two fingers in her mouth, and bit them.

"Ahhh", Zohaib hissed and sat down spontaneously. He seemed terrified. He moved his eyes towards Faryal.

"What was that?", He narrowed his eyes.

She pursed her lips and cooly pointed her finger towards the wall clock. "Just look at the time", she said. 

Dazed, he looked at the wall clock, it was 7:45. His eyes flew open.

"GOD", he muttered. He threw the comforted aside, picked up his work clothes, and ran towards the bathroom. Faryal sat down in his place, arranged the comforter over Zahra, and the pillows around her both sides. Zohaib opened the washroom door and came inside the room. 

"I'm very late, I was supposed to reach the hospital at 8 o'clock", He picked up a tie in his hands.

"I"ll do that. In the meantime, you can wear your shoes", She offered. He handed her the tie without any tantrum, picked up his shoes, and sat down on the chair.