Bab 29

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏

𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"I think I'm pregnant" Her manner changed completely. My heart sank deep into my chest as my brain wrapped around the idea of what she just said.

I couldn't speak. I had no idea what to say. My brain didn't have time to process the next words that departed my lips "Is it mine?"

She narrowed her eyes and ironically laughed out loud "You're the only person I've had sex with, within the past few months" She was serious, yet her eyes held sadness.

"Did you took the test? What makes you think you are?" I questioned her. I was fucking terrified of her answer. She looked down then up at me "I bought them but I'm too scared"

Tears started building on her gaze "I'm three weeks late already. My period has always been disorganized but it has never been this late"

Well, fuck me.

"Can you say something" Maya's voice halted my thoughts. I stare at her blankly. "Fuck, Maya how did this happened?"

Not even in a serious moment she held back her eye roll and laugh "You more than anyone should know-how. Well, it's when a dick enters..."

"Stop" I tried to oppress a chuckle.  "Stop that" I reacted in a more severe tone. The room went quiet when her laughing stopped. She breathlessly gasped and right there and then broke down. I didn't think twice before stepping closer and wrapping my arms around her.

Her crying intensified "I'm sorry" she sobbed against my chest as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I've heard her crying before but this time it was different.

The reason it was different was that this time I had something to do with it "Why are you apologizing for?"

"Because you're dealing with my bullshit. I'm pretty sure you weren't expecting your one-nightstand to be this complicated" Maya's voice was delicate. I was afraid of how vulnerable she sounded right now.

Truth be told, I was fucking horrified. I was a damn cold-hearted murder and yet, I was scared of a metaphorical child.

"Shh," I ran my hand over her hair. I rested my chin on top of her head. "Listen to me, Maya" I started when her breathing calmed a little. "We are going to get a bunch of pregnancy tests, just to make sure. We'll go from there. Whatever that result is, I'll be here to support you in whatever you decide"

She hiccuped "Are you going to hold my hand as I put a hanger up my pussy?"

I chuckled at her response. "If that's what you want, yes" I replied. I lowered my lips to her forehead and pressed my lips to her skin.

Maya pulled away and wiped her tears. She looks at me and flashes a faint smile "Thank you"

"What will... nevermind" She stopped mid-sentence.