Flashback

5 years ago. ❤️

"Eyes up, stay sharp"

Steve ordered into the coms, Bruce was the first to charge at Thanos, his Iron suit already damaged from the previous fight. Thanos used the gauntlet to send bruce into the cliffside, sealing him in the stone. I felt my palms heat us as I charged towards him, dodging his fists I launched myself towards his head, wrapping legs around his shoulders. I placed my hands on either side of his head and channeled all the fire in my body to my hands, burning his purple flesh.

Thanos roared in pain as he clawed to get me off him, his strength slowly overpowering mine, suddenly he forced me off him throwing my body towards the trees. A metal arm caught my body before I could slam into the tree trunks "I've got you" Bucky grunted out as my body collided with his "he's strong" I whispered as I steadied myself. Steve was flung backward as Thanos twisted his gauntlet again, Bucky just nodded squeezing my shoulder as we split up to attack again.

Thanos started to approach Wanda and Vison, ignoring the agony in my bones I forced myself towards him again, holding my palms out I forced as much fire towards him as I could. Thanos stumbled back from the force as he looked over at me, my eyes red as the fire grew hotter "sorry little one" he taunted before twisting his fist and sending me flying backward into the ground, knocking me into darkness

Black spots danced across my vision, I turned on to my side trying to get myself up, just in time to see Thanos snap his fingers and Thor plunging his ax into his chest, but then he was gone. Steve lay next to me, I got up onto my knees and gently shook him "Steve wake up" I whispered my voice hoarse and dry. Steve groaned rolling onto his front as I helped him up "where'd he go?" he grunted holding his side.

Bucky was right behind me, his hand on my side as he turned me to face him, both our expressions held nothing but panic as we glanced around "where'd he go Thor?" Steve demanded again. Thor stood there visibly shaking, his eyes on the ground. Buckys hand wiped at the blood dripping from my forehead, I went to catch his hand when it suddenly became dust "Steve!" I screamed as more of Bucky's body disappeared in the wind, his gun dropping to my feet before he was completely gone. Nothing left but a pile of dust.

Steve dropped to the ground as I slid down next to him "what's happening?" I cried looking around as people turned to dust, I reached my hand out to grab Steves "Clem" he sniffled as his watery eyes met mine. My hand had slowly turned to dust, Steve quickly wrapped his arms around me "No! not you, please" he panicked. I wanted to comfort him but I couldn't find my voice as darkness slowly crept in.