[77]

Thank you guys for 250K holy shit

Clutching on the soft fabric of her bedsheets, Soomin felt like she was suffocating

Clutching on the soft fabric of her bedsheets, Soomin felt like she was suffocating. The tears rolled without end, wetting her night gown and partially the bedding. Soft, shaky inhales invaded her parted lips frequently, trying to push down the sobs and cries in her throat.

The only thing she could imagine was cuddling into him- burying her face in his chest and clutching onto his t-shirt, not the lousy bed sheets. She wanted his scent, his warmth, his love. Being alone broke her, destroyed her.

Of course, she'd never break down like this anywhere outside of her room. She wouldn't cry out in sorrow in front of the world to see, no, she had to be strong and battle with the urges. Because she couldn't appear weak in front of anyone.

Knock knock

Stop.

The whole world seemed to have gone silent.

Soomin felt the air get stuck in her throat as she listened in to the disgustingly slick voice speaking to her from the other side of the wooden door.

"Soomin? Are you there? I'll come in, okay?" The male voice asked, before barging in.

The girl immediately rushed to pull herself together, fixing up her hair and drying the tears out of her cheeks. She could only pray that her eyes weren't red enough to showcase the breakdown she'd just had.

Dark, monotone expression falling into place, Soomin her head to find her 'fiancée' standing by the door with a smile.

"Soomin, my beloved." He cooed sweetly, over-exaggerating his gestures as he shut the door.

"What are you doing here." The girl spat out, not even trying to phrase it as a question. "Our families aren't even having dinner tonight."

"Oh, I know." Sunwoo's smile widened. "I just wanted to see you, my beautiful future wife."

"Get out." Soomin commanded, pointing towards the door.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that." He leaned against the wall, tilting his head playfully. "When are you going to learn to play along, princess?"

"Why would I play along in front of you? You more than anyone else should know the amount of hatred I feel towards you."

"I still don't get it." Sunwoo sighed dramatically. "All the other girls swarm me like bees. But you? You've never liked the idea of getting married. Why?"

"You're so full of yourself." Soomin scoffed. "You're rich, that's why you're so popular with girls. But that doesn't work on me. We both know my dad is richer than both your parents combined." Her expression turned into a malicious smile.

Sunwoo's knight and shining armor expression flickered. "Why are you trying to pick a fight?"

"Why am I trying to pick a fight? You brought your ass over here by yourself. Don't blame me if you get your little feelings hurt."

"What foul language. Doesn't suit a lady of your status."
"And YOU suit me?" Soomin began getting flared up, glaring at him. "Listen, I'll never marry your little pathetic ass. I swear on it. You're a manipulative little piece of shit, who doesn't even know his fucking place. Now, get out of my fucking room before I call someone over to do that for you."

Sunwoo was completely taken aback, staring at the girl with actual surprise in his eyes.

But clearly, he didn't take the criticism very well as his face expression twisted into pure rage.

"Stop thinking you're all mighty, Soomin. So what if your dad is rich? You're nothing. When we're gonna get married, I'm going to inherit everything that old man's ever fucking owned in his life, do you understand?" He was trying to keep his voice low, and was barely succeeding. "You're not worth anything. A woman by herself has no place in this society."

Sunwoo had gotten close enough to be glaring down at the girl, but Soomin wasn't backing down either. No, she wouldn't.

She continuously stared into his flared up eyes, as if staring right at the devil himself.

"Get. Lost." Soomin ordered through gritted teeth, keeping up the tough act.

Sunwoo's arm flinched, an indication of him wanting to become violent, but he stopped himself upon hearing a voice outside.

"Hello? Miss Park? Are you asleep?"

Soomin almost began smiling from the relief, but quickly cleared her throat. "Yes, I'm here! Please come in!" 

A young-looking maid walked in and was clearly slightly taken aback seeing Sunwoo by the bed, fists clenched. "Mr. Shin?"

"Yeah, I was gonna ask you to walk him out. I'd love to do that myself, but I need rest." The girl smiled brightly, ignoring the destructive glare that Sunwoo sent her.

"Of course miss. Mr. Shin, please follow me this way."

And with that he was gone.

Soomin immediately collapsed onto the bed, breaths becoming rigged. Her hand wandered up to her chest, hearing her roaring heart beat against her palm. Finally the sweat seemed to be pouring down her forehead and the side of her face, and she began visibly shaking.

Just a little longer. She had to hold on for just a little longer. 

Hello baddies

Hello baddies

sorry for being gone :/ I had 2 weeks full of exams, then fell sick for a couple of days and now I'm somehow on vacation with no wifi

oh how fate loves when I don't update :')