Confrontation

Previously:

With eerie similarity to the night before, he looked at her with concern.

"Are you okay?"

...

"Of course!" Wanda replied, a little too quick to be believable. She cleared her throat in an attempt to reassure Pietro. "I just need a day to recharge, the last few days haven't been the best for me."

As soon as she had said those words, everything went to hell. The plant gifted by Agnes on her first day suddenly transformed back into what it had been, it was even in black and white. Both twins shared a look of confusion but couldn't say anything else since the television started changing too. And then the couches, and the curtains, every piece of furniture seemed to be glitching between decades. As she struggled to turn back the modified items, Wanda noticed with horror that the whole house was glitching. The stairs were brought back to what it had been four days ago, even the couch they were sitting on kept changing. The walls disappeared and reappeared, sometimes being brick, wood planks or simply gone. Suddenly, a familiar chattering sound was heard, and Wanda closed her eyes in denial, it couldn't be happening, she had to get herself together!

"Is that a stork?!" Wanda vaguely heard her brother's confusion, but she was too caught up in her own panic of seeing her precious world glitching. "Wanda, you have to calm down," urged Pietro, "take deep breath alright? Do it with me, in," he breathed in, and she followed, "and out," he exhaled.

They repeated for a few more minutes, the glitching gradually getting better the longer she grounded herself. When it finally stopped, she didn't feel like staying inside anymore. She got up from the couch and traded her dressing gown for a red vest, quickly putting it on and turning to her brother. "Thank you."

He smiled at her as he grabbed her shoulders, "no problem, sis. I'm just glad you weren't alone."

She returned his smile and went to get a glass of water, she felt drained. Wanda barely had the time to ask her brother to go get some headache pills before he was back with the bottle in his hand. As the pill rolled down her throat, the front door suddenly opened.

"Wanda!" Geraldine's voice echoed through her house. Startled, Wanda put her glass on the counter and looked at her brother in worry and anger. How dare she barge in like that?

"Pietro, give me a minute, please." Wanda knew the confrontation with her ex-neighbor would not go well. That woman was determined to make her leave the town, who knew what lies she could tell her brother.

Like the fact that he's not who he thinks he is?

Once again, her mind interrupted her thoughts. She tried to not let it show as she watched her brother nod and speed upstairs. Geraldine looked at the spot the man had been a moment ago, clearly searching for her words. "Wanda, who is he?" She paused, waiting for an answer, but Wanda didn't talk. "You can't keep him; he probably has a family. He's not really your brother, you have to understand"

"He is my brother, and nothing you say will change my mind. If you're here for those pointless pleas, Geraldine, I suggest you leave."

"M-my name is Monica and it's not only about him. It's also about Vision, Hayward-"

"I don't care about your director; I don't even want to hear his name!" Wanda roared as she grabbed Monica with her magic and dragged her out.

"Please Wanda, Pietro's family-"

"I'm his family!" Yelled Wanda as she brought her hand down, fully intending on getting rid of her for good. She froze when Monica not only landed without a scratch but seemed to dissipate the shockwave completely. How long has she had powers? Wanda quickly composed herself as the woman got to her feet, brushing off the dust from her clothes. She apparently had no survival instincts because she approached the redhead without hesitation.

"Wanda, please, I understand what you're going through," started Monica. "I lost the person closest to me too, I didn't even get to say goodbye. Your urge to run away and hide in your reality is one I can understand, especially someone with your powers, but it can't stay like this." She paused; Wanda didn't like admitting it, but her ex-neighbor was somewhat right. "You have to take the barrier down before it gets any worse. Hell, I'll even stay with you if you need someone to do damage control!" Monica took a breath, her speech affected Wanda as much as it affected her. She didn't have much left to say, but she had to get her point across. "Hayward is trying to blame everything on you, don't let him make you the villain."

Wanda looked at her, not knowing how to react. Sure, she had made some unsavory choices but calling her a villain? That was a bit extreme.
'You're holding a town hostage, gaslighting your husband and willingly keeping your multiverse brother under mind control, how are you not the bad guy again?' Pitched in her mind. She couldn't start thinking about that, she didn't want to think about it. What she had done, she had done out of grief, love even. She just wanted to be happy, she couldn't take down the barrier, who knows what would happen to Vision and the twins. Not only that but her brother would eventually notice that something was wrong. It simply wasn't an option. Once again, her magic was threatening to lash out, defend what was rightfully hers. She never had true happiness ever since the Stark bomb. This was the first time she could live without a care, or true consequences. The world be damned, she wouldn't give up without a fight.

"Maybe I already am," Wanda responded, hating how her voice faltered for a moment. She covered her weakness by sending a look that urged Monica to try something. However, before she could say anything, Agnes was at her side, a hand on Wanda's shoulder.

"Young lady," she said, addressing Monica, "I think you've overstayed your welcome. Poor Wanda's been through enough."

She started leading her neighbor away, ignoring the outsiders protest, when Pietro suddenly appeared next to the duo.

"Thanks Agnes, I don't know what was up with her. I didn't hear much but it sounded intense," he looked at his sister, "you alright?"

Pietro took Wanda's arm, bringing her closer. She confirmed her wellbeing with a nod, burying her face in her brother's chest. He hugged her tightly before looking at their neighbor, "I'll take it from here, how are the twins?"

Agnes looked at the pair, unsure how to react to the sudden change of plans. Nevertheless, she smiled, "oh they're good! I've made them sandwiches, they're watching tv. I'll go back to them, but I'm still waiting on you for the repairs!" The neighbor joked.
A quick nod confirming he understood, Wanda and Pietro started walking, not realizing the glare Agnes was giving them.

"Thank you for being at my side."

Pietro put an arm around her shoulder and squeezed, "Always."

Wanda smiled, sadly, before looking at the ground. If only it could be true.

——————————————————————
Please read Pietro's "is that a stork" line the same intonation Peter has when he sees Hank in his blue form for the first time. Also, I've lengthen Monica's monologue to Wanda, because she's probably one of my favorite character from WandaVision. She's very similar to Wanda and definitely could have made her see reason had she had more time.