CH 10: Sports Festival Part 1: Striking Words, Striking Tiger

Previously on Claws and Lightning...

(Y/N) Zeraora has recovered from his outburst with seemingly no noticeable drawbacks. Class 1A thankfully suffered no trauma from the USJ attack, although, news of the event spread wildly throughout the country. Shigaraki and Kurogiri returned to their hideout and relayed the details of their failed operation to a mysterious man Shigaraki called "Master". Concerningly, Shigaraki's master seems to be aware of Zeraora via some unknown knowledge.

Classes back in UA proceeded as normal, then Aizawa informed everyone of the upcoming Sports Festival. An annual event where all grades and classes of UA have the opportunity to demonstrate their power and abilities. Since Class 1A have already experienced and walked away from a real villain attack, they were, as a result targeted by the other first year students.

However, thanks to Kirishima inadvertently spawning the rumor, of someone in Class 1A allegedly being as strong as All Might, and Kaminari subsequently exposing him, Zeraora has been made the prime target. The young tiger is now met with pressure of having to deal with others aiming to outdo him in the coming events.

(Pussy Cats Residence: Mountainous Region)

Zeraora was training within the mountainous region owned by the Pussy Cats, honing his speed reflexes and agility for the upcoming sports festival. However, he knew full well that he cannot simply rely on those attributes alone. Plasma Surge, while an effective quirk on its own, it doesn't quite have overwelming raw power, not taking Zeraora's outburst into account. Even then, Zeraora knew that he shouldn't place his faith entirely on raw power anyway. So he shifted his focus to refining his techniques.

His Thunder Fangs were meant to help him condense and focus his electricity. Although since hero course students have already receive training with their quirks and the sports festival involves all classes. It's likely that he won't be allow to use his weapons, in order to make things slightly less one-sided, in favor of the hero course students.

Zeraora runs in his mind the list of moves he's crafted without his beam sabers.

(Plasma Fists)

(Force Palm)

(Thunderbolt)

'Yep, I'm kinda lacking. Those three won't be enough'. He assures himself.

Zeraora thinks back during the USJ attack for any ideas.

'Lets see, that time when I saved Midoriya and company from that mutant and the creep with the hand fetish, I was able to move so quickly that none of them noticed me. Also I kicked the creep back with my foot charged with electricity'. He recollects.

Zeraora then readies himself, as he aims to recreate those maneuvers.

First, the speed feat: He picks up a medium size stone and walks to the nearest mountain. With all his might, he tosses the stone upwards then immediately ran electricity across his body enhancing his physical prowess. In one blindly motion he quickly scales the mountain then while maintaining that same speed runs back down, catching the stone he threw before it touched the ground.

'Alright, that was definitely faster than how I was during the quirk assessment test'. He comments to himself with a smile present on his face.

Next, a new melee technique: Zeraora has been proficient in focusing his electricity to his hands and claws, but now he'll have to try something else. With a single breath, he focuses his electricity, only this time he directs it to his legs. With his legs now enveloped, he looks to a nearby tree and performs a roundhouse kick. The resulting kick completely severed the tree from its stump and topples to its side.