𝟙𝟘 - 𝔸𝕡𝕡𝕝𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕖

Trigger Warning - Description of Panic Attack

Ophelia didn't hear the rest because she had closed the door. She wasn't sure what she was doing or where she was heading, her feet were just moving in a direction unknown to her. Her head pounded. Her chest clenched uncontrollably. She felt fresh air hit her face but she kept walking. Then her knees gave way. This was it. She'd finally cracked. All of this work up until now was for nothing. Why couldn't she stay strong for once in her life. A failure. That's what she was.

Lost in her thoughts she was unaware of the large figure approaching.

"Ophelia? Oh no. Come 'ere."

The figure scooped Ophelia into his arms and carried her towards his hut, knowing that this would be the quickest place to get her to some sort of safety. In his large arms the girl shook uncontrollably but to his shock no tears were being shed. Instead it was like her mind and soul had deserted her body, leaving behind a broken shell.

Once he had reached the garden, he placed Ophelia on a bench that overlooked his pumpkin patch and called for his dog. The large dog bounded out the front door and quickly noticed the distressed student on the bench. Without a hesitation, it leaped up beside her and nuzzled his head under an arm. Almost instantly Ophelia's  breathing became a little less rushed and some senses seem to awaken as she slowly brushed the dogs head.

"F-fang?" The dog lifted his head up and gave a quick lick to the face. "W-what are you doing here? Wait, where am I?" Ophelia forced herself to try and move but wasn't able to.

"Ophelia, you're with me."

"H-Hagrid? What happened?" Ophelia turned to see Hagrid sat on a large tree stump opposite her.

"Aven't the foggiest, found you on the floor, we were closer to me hut so carried you here then flooed a message to Poppy whilst Fang 'ere kept you company."

"Oh. Thank you."

"Where is she?" A lady came ushering down the steps.

"'Ere." Hagrid stepped his large body aside which revealed Ophelia still curled into the bench.

"Oh dear, here drink this." She pulled a bottle from one of her pockets and handed it to Ophelia. "It's a calming potion."

"N-no its ok, I'm fine now." Ophelia said, trying to convince herself more than anything. Standing up she soon felt her knees sway and fall back on to the bench.

"You've exhausted yourself. Hagrid can you inform Minerva for me."

"NO! Please don't tell her, I'm ok I promise. Please don't."

"Miss McGonagall I have no choice, you need her."

"But she doesn't need me to make her life hard." Ophelia could feel some tears brimming in her eyes but was trying her hardest to push them back down.

"Hagrid go." Madam Pomfrey took a step towards Ophelia who shrunk back into the bench. "Miss McGonagall I assure you I am not going to hurt you, I merely just want to sit next to you. We can sit in silence if you like, just let me stay." Ophelia nodded and the lady took a seat next to her. "Will you drink this potion for me?" Ophelia shook her head, it seemed she had resorted to silence. Something that even Ophelia wasn't sure of the reason why. "Ok, that's ok." A few minutes passed and a familiar clicking noise broke Ophelia from her trance.

"Oh Ophelia." Ophelia looked up and saw Minnie rushing towards her and before Ophelia managed to say anything she was engulfed in a hug. That was enough to break the wall containing the tears and they flooded out. These were the first tears the lady had seen leave Ophelia's eyes since they met; it was heartbreaking.