epilogue I 2

The house was clean, and the windows were open in the beautiful spring air

I pulled out a cooking pot and filled it with some water, putting it on the stove and turning it on, putting in a pinch of salt, and turning to the pasta box next to me.

I guess we were going with pasta for dinner tonight.

I walked out of the kitchen down the hall and to the library, taking one of the books I wanted to start reading and I close the door, walk back to the kitchen and place it on the kitchen island.

A couple of minutes later when it starts to boil, I pour in the pasta and grab something to mix it up a bit.

"Mom! Mom! Look at this!" My five year-old daughter Adelina yells.

"addy! you need to keep quiet; your sister is on the couch sleeping!"  I laugh, I pick her up and put her on my hip.

Lucifer and I had two daughters, our five-year-old daughter Adelina Valentino and our youngest who was almost one, Jane.

I bet you can guess where Adelina's name came from.

Also, maybe Jane's.

"Sorry, Mama but look" she holds up one of her dolls and I gasp.

"what did you do to your doll!?" my eyes go wide-eyed when I see the blonde hair now has purple marker spots in her hair and there's a marker for the doll's makeup.

"I made her look like my mommy!" Adelina giggles.

How can I stay mad at her with that giggle?

"your mommy doesn't have purple hair addy" I set her down on the kitchen island and she sits on the counter.

"I know" she sighs "but the pink dress and blonde hair I didn't like." She mixes up her words.

"that's alright, but I hope you cleaned up your mess." I stir the pasta.

"well, I will..." she drifts off.

I go up and kiss her on the head and rubbing her back.

I hear the door open, and a smile comes to my face.

Adelina jumps off the counter and runs back up the stairs, probably scared her father will see the dolls.

I feel warm hands go around my waist and a head goes to the side of my neck.

"good afternoon baby" Lucifer mumbles.

"Hi" I smile and turn around, he pushes me into the kitchen island, and I look up at him, he had a little stubby beard now and his hair was still frizzed. People told us all the time we looked young for our ages.

I was thirty and lucifer was thirty – four.

"you look beautiful today" he kisses my lips.

Even after all these years and now with two children ill never get used to how I feel when I'm with lucifer, so alive and loved.