Chapter 38: Moving On

CHAPTER 38: 
Zelena's POV

Samantha claps her hands together, "Quadruple date!"

"I'm sorry- what?" Zelena emphasizes her confusion, eyeing the jazz hands thing Sam is still doing with her wriggling fingers and  vigorously tilting hands. "Quadruple date?" The brunette repeats wholly unsure of where this discussion is headed.

"Quadruple date." The LaRusso daughter grins, wriggling her eyebrows in hopes it would sell the idea to her closest friend. "Me with Miguel, Moon with Piper, Demetri with Yasmine, and you with Eli."

Zelena sits up, pulling herself to rest again the pile of pillows leaned against her friend's headboard. "I thought Moon and Piper broke up? And you got Yasmine onboard to go out publicly with Demetri?" The thoughts running in her head flow through her lips.

"They all agreed. Besides, Moon and Piper are a thing again just recently." Sam sits at the foot of her bed, crossing her legs in front of her on the bed and places her hands against her shins. Her eyes roam the expanse of her childhood friend, reading every detail she possibly can to understand the hesitance tainting her inquisitive words. "Zel, why are you so..." her voice trails off with the inability to think of the 'correct' wording to explain the odd behavior she's observing.

Said brunette twiddles her thumbs absent-mindedly against her thighs, shaking her head side to side. "Apprehensive." Sam nods in confirmation. Zelena's eyes meet the light ocean blue orbs watching her closely. "I know you're only doing this because of Tory."

"You and Eli haven't been on a real date since then. It's been two months. And there's safety in numbers. Besides, Kreese said he would back off until tournament."  The brunette smiles softly to her friend, placing a gentle hand against the top of her knee in hopes it would ease the obvious discomfort on her features.

Zelena shifts in her position on the bed, pulling her knees to her chest defensively to avoid Sam's well-intentioned touch. Her arms wrap around the front of her shins as she places her chin in the valley of space between her knees. She had considered this before too. Kreese may be a bully and other... words.... but he certainly hadn't broken promises or deals. He found loopholes and Zelena could only think of all the loopholes he'd find to get his way. Like having Hawk destroy Miyagi-Do or taking Cobra Kai from Johnny Lawrence when he had just lost one of his own friends. "Who's to say Robby and Tory's attack wasn't orchestrated by Kreese? And numbers just mean more fallout- more maiming and injuring and unnecessary division."

Sam freezes at the words pouring off the edge of her friend's tongue. The loose lipped brunette eyes her LaRusso legacy at the notation of the odd expression. "Robby was there?"

The whisper tugs a weighted blanket to cloak over the air of the room. Zelena had forgotten she consciously chose to eliminate that detail from her account of the 'battle'. A rapping of knuckles against the wooden door still doesn't distract the pair from the newly released secret between them. Both hear the laughter ringing louder the second the door creaks open, but still neither move nor say a word.

The boys notice the drastic drop in temperature the second they amble into the room. The laughter vibrating from them drains, while each of the three take their time looking at each girl. "What did we interrupt?" Miguel breaks the silence with a joking tone which pulls no emotion from either girl besides a sideways glance from Sam.

"Robby was there when Zelena got attacked." A warmth surrounds Zelena as a familiar pair of arms slip around her curled up form to lean her against a familiar chest.

Miguel's dark eyes cross the small distance from his girlfriend to his girl friend. "Zel?"

"It slipped out- I-" She stumbles over her own words, afraid of the consequences for relinquishing such details upon the pair who hated him. Her eyes move around to Demetri and Eli frantically, searching for some sort of foundation to explain what had happened. Her eyes remain on Demetri though, knowing he'd been friends with Robby. He'd spent a lot of time around Sensei Lawrence's son being a part of Miyagi Do when the others hadn't been. "Dem," Zel murmurs.