twenty one.

JORDYN STOPS TO speak with everyone she sees, even if she doesn't know them or hasn't seen them since she was a little girl

She currently walks up to a group that looks like supermodels, slightly dazed. They all share the same pale skin and golden eyes as the Cullens, she already knows they're vampires.

The group watches as she comes to a stop in front of them, she smiles.

"Hi, I'm Bella's sister." She shakes each one of their cold hands.

"Jordyn?" One of the blonde women says, Jordyn nods, "I'm Tanya, this is Irina, Kate, Carmen and her mate Eleazar." Tanya points at each one as she speaks.

"It's very nice to meet you, Jordyn." Eleazar smiles.

"You too." Jordyn smiles back, but it drops once she sees the look Irina is giving her, its one full of fear mixed with hatred.

"You're Caius' mate aren't you?" Irina's voice is hardly above a whisper, she slightly backs away.

"Um- yeah." Jordyn answers, confused by this reaction.

Tanya looks at Irina with a scowl, "Irina," she mumbles her sisters name harshly, her eyes lingering before she turns back to Jordyn, "It's so wonderful you've met your soulmate while still a human, congratulations." She holds Jordyns hand for a second and then lets go.

"Thank you. I better get going, nice meeting you." Jordyn gives them all one last smile before turning and heading over to Charlie who is with Billy, Seth, and Sue.

"You looked great out there, Jord." Charlie compliments once Jordyn is standing by him.

"Oh, thanks dad. You looked pretty great too." Jordyn bumps Charlie with her shoulder.

"Thanks." Charlie mumbles.

Jordyn laughs at her dads awkwardness.

"Hi, Jordyn." Seth shyly greets.

"Hey, Seth." Jordyn says, smiling brightly at the younger boy.

Seth is about to respond, but he stops and looks over Jordyns shoulder at the Denali coven, Billy and Sue glare at them.

Jordyn turns to look at the Denalis. Bella and Edward are speaking with them when Irina turns and walks away quickly, her family following after.

Jordyn furrows her eyebrows and turns back to Charlie, trying to ignore what has just happened.

***

JORDYN IS STILL with Charlie, Sue, Billy and Seth. They sit at their table, watching as Emmett steps up to the microphone confidently.

Emmett gives a speech full of jokes, but it was still sweet.

Jessica goes up next, doing a speech that basically only puts Bella down. Jordyn even boos her, causing some people to glance her way.

Charlie goes up next, and his speech was pretty much just a threat to Edward. People laugh and clap as he walks back to his seat, Jordyn especially.

Alice gracefully walks up to the stage, grabbing the microphone, "Bella, now that you're finally my sister you'll have to get over your aversion to dressing fashionably, like you'll wear blouses, heels, pleated skirts..." Jordyn spaces out for most of Alices speech, snapping back only after people started to clap.

Jordyn watches grimly as Renee sings terribly to Bella, her drunken state giving her more confidence than ever.

Jordyn decides to give a speech on a whim, people watch as she steps up to the microphone, she glances around anxiously before leaning forward.

"I've never seen Bella happier than when she's with Edward, she's like a whole new person. They were made for one another, soulmates," she smiles, "but Edward," she narrows her eyes at him, "if you ever hurt Bella I will beat you with a shovel, thank you." She walks away from the mic, listening to the laughs and claps from the guests.

She sits back in her seat, watching as Esme takes her place on the stage. She gave thanks to Reneé and Charlie sweetly, smiling warmly at her daughter in law as she did.

Edward then walks up, giving his mother a hug before she exits back into the crowd.

"It's extraordinary; to meet the person in which you can bare your soul to, and will accept you in spite of what you are. I've been waiting, what seems like a painfully long time, to get beyond what I am...and with Bella, I now feel like that can finally begin. So, I'd like to propose a toast to my beautiful wife," everyone holds a glass up, "no measure in time with you will be long enough...but let's start with forever." He smiles at Bella.

Jordyn wipes under her eyes at the sudden moisture, "Well, Edward sure does know how to give speeches, I'll give him that." She says to Charlie, he nods in response.

***

BELLA AND EDWARD descend down the stairs, people clap and throw rice into the air.

Jordyn pulls Bella away from Edward once they get to the end of the walkway, she embraces her into a big hug.

"Be careful, use protection." Jordyn whispers into Bella's ear.

Bella pulls away from the hug, "Okay, ew." She scrunches her face up.

"Better safe than sorry." Jordyn shrugs.

Bella shakes her head, "It's not possible, Jord."

Jordyn sighs and brings Bella into another hug, "Just...have fun," she notices Renee looking at the girls impatiently, "moms waiting, I'll see you later, Bells." She squeezes her tighter before letting go.

Jordyn walks back to the house, feeling happy for Bella and Edward.

Her mind briefly starts thinking of Caius and if she will ever be wed to him, but she snaps herself out of it, confused by her sudden delirium.

She doesn't want to even think about stuff like marriage, she's only eighteen--nearly nineteen, but she is, for reasons she can't understand.

Though, the thought of marrying her soulmate spreads a little smile across her face.

edited: 9/29/22