[22] home

Beatrix's eyes fluttered open and her body immediately tensed up. She fought against the metal that bound her to the chair but it was no use. Even her cyborg arm that HYDRA had replaced was of no use to her.

She looked up to find three people staring at her. She squinted her eyes at them as she took them in. The one in the middle had his arms crossed over his chest. There was a quiver of arrows slung around his shoulder but she couldn't see a bow anywhere making it rather pointless. Maybe it was just for looks.

The girl next to him was the one who's hands had glowed red before things started moving on their own. She seemed to be trying to put up a front of being unafraid but Beatrix could see right through it.

On the opposite end of the room stood another man. He was leaning against the wall, seemingly distressed about something as he rested his head in his hands

She recognized all three of them. They were the ones that brought her here and away from her mission. She fought against the restraints and the girl jumped, clearly surprised by the sudden violent nature.

"Let me go," she growled out.

"Did you really think it'd be that easy?" the man with the arrows inquired.

"I was under the impression that the Avengers were supposed to be smart," she explained. "Clearly I was misinformed."

"You don't exactly have the upper hand here."

She raised an eyebrow, "And you do?" She leaned back in her seat, uncharacteristically relaxed. "From my understanding, your team is falling apart all because you guys had a disagreement. What are you even doing here?" she inquired. "Shouldn't you be laying waste to yet another town or city filled with innocent people?"

"Is this supposed to intimidate us?"

"No," she answered honestly. "Just an observation."

There was a buzz and he pulled out his phone. He let out a huff, "It's Steve. They're waiting for us and we still have one stop to make."

"You two go," the man who had been leaning against the wall suggested as he pushed himself forward. "I'll take care of her."

"Pietro," Wanda began warily, glancing over at Beatrix who was watching with a raised eyebrow. "Is that really a good idea?"

"I'll be fine, Wanda," he answered simply. "Cap needs you and I can manage from here."

Wanda looked to the man with the arrows for help but he merely shrugged in response. She sighed before mumbling something to Pietro and following the other man out.

Pietro turned to look at Beatrix and she looked up at him in slight amusement. She enjoyed the way she clearly made him upset even though she wasn't sure why this was the case. After all, he was the one who had taken her captive, not the other way around.

"So are we just going to sit here in silence or are you going to say something?" she finally asked, breaking the rather uncomfortable silence.

"You really remember nothing?" he inquired, resting his hands on the opposite end of the table.

She raised an eyebrow, "Is there something I should remember?"

He huffed, "Yes."

Her nose scrunched up in response. She had been expecting more than a one word response. "Enlighten me then." She didn't really care what he had to say, she just needed time to figure out how she was going to get out.

She could tell that most of her powers were still stalled from whatever the man with the arrows had shot her up with. She still had her super strength but whatever was holding her down was impossible to break through. Or she wasn't angry enough.

Most of her cyborg abilities were powered down because her master preferred it that way. He did, however, leave the laser eyes and the shields alone. Her laser eyes hadn't worked before so she doubted they would work now and in order to access the shields, she needed to be able to tap her wrists together. She had nothing.

Pietro watched her with furrowed eyebrows. She looked like herself. She looked like Beatrix but she also didn't. It was like she was the shell of who she was before, her personality replaced by something horrible.

"Come on!" he exclaimed, growing agitated with the girl. Of course it wasn't her fault but that didn't stop him from getting annoyed. "You're Beatrix Handover! Annoying and persistent yet also a badass and the best person I know! Just remember her. That's who you are."

She merely grunted in response and he let out an exasperated sigh. He started pacing the room, his speed increasing the longer he went on.

"Knock it off, Speedy," she stated and she was surprised at how easily the word had slipped out. His head snapped in her direction and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Speedy?" she repeated but it came out more as a question. She looked down at her hands as though they would be of any use to her. "Speedy," she mumbled as her brain seemed to go into overdrive.

"Beatrix," he spoke up, seemingly realizing that she was beginning to panic and he didn't see that ending well. "Princessa, you need to relax."

She shook her head and closed her eyes as memories began to flood in. Memories she hadn't even realized she had. "No, no, no," she muttered under her breath.

"Beatrix," he tried again, this time walking toward her cautiously. "Bea, look at me."

She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head quickly. "No, please don't do it again," she begged, confusing him greatly. "Please."

"I'm not going to do anything to you," he informed her. "You're safe here."

She struggled against the restraints and Pietro moved around the table. He placed his hands on the sides of her face and she tried to pull away but he wouldn't let her. "Princessa, open your eyes." She shook her head, "Beatrix, please."

Beatrix stopped struggling but she kept her eyes shut. "Princessa," he whispered, desperation clear in his tone. Her eyes opened slowly and he came into focus. She recognized him. She knew him.

"Pietro," she stated and he nodded. Her shoulders slumped forward as she relaxed in the chair. "I can't do it anymore."

"It's okay," he informed her as he removed the restraints that bound her to the chair. "You're safe now." As soon as she was free, she flung her arms over his shoulders. His arms moved around her waist as he pulled her closer to him.

The tears started flowing before she could stop them and his grip tightened around her. "I'm never letting anyone touch you again, okay?" he answered and she nodded. She had never been more willing to put her life in someone else's hand but she knew that she could. She trusted him more than she trusted herself. "You're safe now. You're not going anywhere."