Feelings

Decorating is completed a few hours later. Most of the Avengers have gone to bed or are just relaxing in their rooms. You're helping your dad with some final touches in the main room. 

"I'm heading to bed, dad," you say giving him a smile as you start walking towards the hallway.

"Hey, Cass. Wait up a second," Tony says waving you closer to him from the kitchen.

"What is it?" You ask, taking a few steps over.

Tony stops what he's doing and looks up at you, "What's going on with you and Mischief?"

"With Loki?" You already know the answer, but you're trying to stall your response.

"Cassidy..." Tony looks at you sternly, "Are you two seeing each other?"

"What? No! Dad, he's....he's one of my closest friends here. That's it." You're telling your dad, but also trying to convince yourself that that's all it is.

Meanwhile, Loki was coming to get some tea, but stopped in the doorway, hidden, listening to your conversation. 

"Good. Keep it that way. You've heard plenty about his past." Tony says, taking a sip of his freshly poured drink.

"Obviously, dad," You reply as convincingly as possible. 

Loki hears what you say and walks back to his room. 

LOKI POV

She kissed me. Cassidy. Kissed. Me. Why? Probably to make her father angry, after he had said not to. Even if it is just that, the look on Stark's face made it worth it alone.

After the kiss, Cassidy went back to decorating, as did I. Without control, I found myself looking in her direction every so often, and of course Thor began to notice as well.

"Brother, you seem preoccupied," He said with this annoying grin on his face.

"I'm busy, Thor. What do you want?" I tried getting him away from me.

"Oh, I think it's more of what YOU want, Loki," At his words, my head shot up in his direction, Thor still smiling.

"I WANT you to leave me be, brother," Which was not a lie.

"Whatever you say, Loki. I'm sure you'd prefer someone else's company anyway," Thor says finally walking away.

I finished my part of the decorating, with the Patriotic Pain, and went back to my room. I did not need to see or hear any more of Thor.....for the rest of the week, honestly. 

A short while later, I needed some tea, so I made my way to the main room when I heard two voices. Shit. Cassidy and Stark. Not a conversation I currently want to be a part of. 

I was just going to return later, when I heard them mention my name. That obviously peaked my interest, so I hid myself, still being able to listen-in.

Everyone knows my past; that's a given now, but Cassidy and I have never spoken of it, nor has she brought it up. I'm not surprised at all though, that she knows of it. Her reaction on the matter was rather telling. That's all I needed to hear, to know that the kiss was nothing more than a jab at her father. I know the need to want to annoy one's father. 

Before either of them could become aware of my current location, I went back to my room.

CASSIDY/YOU (REGULAR) POV:

"Ok, then. Just be careful and mindful," your dad warns you.

"Sure. Goodnight, dad," You turn, finally able to roll your eyes.