𝟚

Y/N walked from the kitchen to the front door and opened it to see and extra perky neighbor holding a small house plant, the women is wearing an enthusiastic smile, as she walks into the house, giving Y/N the plant.

"Oh! Hello, dear. I'm Agnes, your neighbor to the right! My right, not yours. Forgive me for not stopping by sooner to welcome you to the block. My mother-in-law was in town, so I wasn't," the neighbor laughed loudly and obnoxiously, "So, what's your name? Where are you from? And most importantly, how's your bridge game, hon?"

Agnes walks to the middle of the room, and Y/N follows her after closing the door, "I'm Y/N."

"Oh! Y/N, charmed!"

The two women shake hands, with friendly smiles. Y/N sets the plant down on the dining room table and moves to the couch with Agnes, "Well, Agnes, you caught me at a good time, would you like to eat, I have food in the kitchen," Y/N asked, "Oh no thank you dear," the woman responded, "Oh that's a shame, well, I'll have to throw it out then," she said with a laugh.

Agnes looked around the room, shocked, " Golly, you settled in fast! Did you use a moving company?"

"I sure did! These boxes don't move themselves!" She jokes, Agnes chuckles in response.

"So what's a single gal like you doing rattling around this big house?" The nosy neighbor asks, curiously, trying to figure out the new person in town.

"Oh I'm not single."

"Well, I don't see a ring."

"Well, I assure you I'm married. To a man. A mortal one and tall. As a matter of fact, he'll be home later tonight for a special occasion. Just the two of us," the girl quickly made up an explanation to her new friend's sudden statement.

"Is it a birthday?"

"No, not a birthday.."

"Hmm, a holiday perhaps?

"Not a holiday either.."

"What about an anniversary?

"Ye- Yes! That's it an anniversary!"

"Well congratulations! How many years?"

The magical woman was a bit taken back by this question, for she didn't know, did she?

"Well, it feels like we've always been together, really."

"Lucky gal. The only way Ralph would remember our anniversary is if there was a beer named June 2nd."

Both woman laugh at this statement until Agnes speaks up again, asking about what Y/N had planned for their special evening.

"So, what do you have planned?"

"How do you mean?"

"For your special night of course, dear! A young thing like you doesn't have to do much, but it's still fun to set the scene. Say, I was just reading a crackerjack magazine article called "How To Treat Your Husband To Keep Your Husband," and let me tell you, what Ralph could really use is, "How To Goose Your Wife So You Don't Lose Your Wife." Hang on. I'll go grab it and we can start planning. Oh, this is gonna be a gas!" The woman left quickly, overjoyed that she could help her new friend with something like this, while Y/N sat on the couch, feeling a bit strange.

The lone woman sitting on the couch only let out a soft, "Oh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1950 𝐈𝐍𝐓. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐜.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki arrives at his new job, INT Computational Services Inc. and sits at his desk in a cluster of other desks and co-workers. Across the aisle, sits his co-worker, Norm playing music. Loki doesn't pay too much attention to this and starts his work.