[1] - 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴

THE VAST ORANGE PLAINS surrounded him. Y/N had been here before, it wasn't new territory.

When he slept, he'd dream of this place. It was reoccurring, and he still didn't know what to make of it.

It seemed barren. Dust would flow across the floor and the area would sometimes be shrouded in it.

This time, Y/N kept walking. He hoped he'd see something different this time and maybe he'd get some answers.

Within the cloak of dust, he stumbled upon a house. He recognized it, and immediately ran up to the door to open it. He entered, and examined the familiar looking living room.

It was his house.

The house he lived in with his parents.

"Y/N?" A voice called out from within. Y/N didn't know if it was coming from the kitchen or upstairs.

But he knew the voice. It was his mother.

"Mom?" Y/N called out.

He started walking towards the stairs, but they began to dissipate. The rest of the house was starting to disappear as well, and Y/N started feeling the same grief he felt when he lost his parents.

He just wanted to see them again.

"Mom! Mom!" He kept shouting as his surroundings began to vanish.

Y/N closed his eyes, and then there was darkness.

• • •

Y/N SHOT UP from the bed and began to pant. Sweat ran down his neck and down his chest through his t-shirt. He was looking around the dark room, shafts of moonlight coming through the slants of the blinds.

"Hey...hey...what's wrong?" Y/N heard on his left. He turned, and saw Wanda in her sleepwear giving a worried look. He just remembered that this was her room and had spent the night there.

"I...I'm sorry. It was nothing." Y/N answered.

He didn't really know what to tell her. He still didn't understand what his dreams were about, and he surely didn't want his girlfriend to worry.

"Nothing? Come on, you can tell me." Wanda tried again, putting both hands on his shoulder.

Then again, he couldn't keep things from her. She's a big reason why he didn't lose his mind over what happened two months ago.

He sighed.

"I had that dream again. I don't know what it is...but it's like I'm in a new world. I get that weird feeling."

Wanda listened. She understood how his new powers were going to take some getting used to, but was still curious about what his dreams were about.

"I saw my old house. I heard my mom's voice this time." Y/N shifted so he can face Wanda, "But I didn't get to see her. Everything faded away."

"It could be related to whatever the Soul Stone gave you, but I'm not sure. I wish I can give you a definite answer, my love." Wanda replied.

Y/N smiled at her last two words. It was different to how she would say it before, since Wanda had been learning to hide her Sokovian accent and training with Natasha to be a spy. He did miss that accent.