[Brian prepares for a] Seaside Rendezvous

The day before Queen's first tour arrived almost as quickly as Brian's term paper due dates

The day before Queen's first tour arrived almost as quickly as Brian's term paper due dates. Exams were difficult, but Brian and John were both thankful that they didn't fall on the Full Moon. Trying to earn a Ph.D. in Astrophysics was hard enough without an animal controlling his mind every night and once a month for almost a full day.

Brian, ever since the tour was announced, worked tirelessly on trying to control his nightly shifts into his wolf form. John tried to help, but his method of 'picture yourself human and will it not to happen' just didn't work for Brian. He would only elongate the already painful shift and his disappointment translated over to his wolf form. He woke up in the mornings with memories of himself moping around his flat on all fours and scratches on his front door from him trying to get out.

He wasn't going to give up. If the tour is worth doing at all, it is worth doing right. That is, in human form the whole time, he decided as he ran his fingertips over his scratched door.

"If John can do it, so can I," he told himself.

Brian gathered his luggage and hauled it over to Freddie's flat. The band decided that they would all stay the night there so that they could leave as early as possible the next morning. They already made plans for if Brian shifts. They would lock him in John's room, hope that he doesn't destroy anything valuable, and let him out in the morning.

Brian thought that his two large bags would be heavy, but his Lycan strength said otherwise. He could tell by the tug on the skin on his fingers that the bags had weight, but the weight was somehow lost in translation as it traveled through his hands and up through his arms. He was a skinny lad and wished he had muscles to show off his new power. Brian got funny looks as he walked down the street as his stick-bug figure strutted along carrying stuffed suitcases like empty lunch boxes.

When he finally arrived at Freddie's place, he simply walked in the front door without even knocking. The band had gotten to the point where they were constantly in and out of Freddie's flat. As long as they didn't let the cats out, they could let themselves in and out.

Roger, Freddie, and John sat around the kitchen table as John went over the packing list.

"Instruments, check. Amps, check. Cords and cables, check," John read as he counted on his fingers.

Brian greeted, "Hello. I've brought my stuff. How far along are we?"

"Take a seat," Roger said as he pulled out a chair next to him, "We are just going over the list."

"Fantastic," Brian replied. He set down his bags by Freddie's piano and joined the band at the table next to Roger.

"Did you bring petrol money?" John asked.

Right to the point, as always, Brian thought. He dug through his pockets and produced his promised share of the gas cost.

"Here we are," Brian said as he passed the money to John. John counted it and placed it in the middle of the table.