32 | goodbye, little one

32 | GOODBYE, LITTLE ONE

Celeste shot daggers toward Gideon

Celeste shot daggers toward Gideon. "You've been very complacent, Bruten," Gideon mentioned as he strolled up to her and leaned down to be head level with her. He smirked as he noticed the hatred glowering in her eyes. He reached to release the restraint binding her mouth shut so that she couldn't talk. 

As soon as her lips were free, she spat in his face. Gideon clenched his jaw and wiped her saliva off his face. "This is not my home," she hissed at him. 

"I see you're in denial. Such a shame since I've come to remind you of what you were promised," Moff reached for his waist belt and pulled out the dark saber. Her memories of her training with Moff returned to her. It all seemed like a blur. It was a long period of time she spent with him, but it wasn't as significant as the time she had spent with her family--Grogu and Din. 

He unsheathed the saber and it hissed as he waved it through the air. It was a beautiful saber. Unlike any other, she had studied. Celeste wanted so bad to snap his neck right then and there with the force. But, she knew she had to be patient. If she wasn't, she'd probably risk her own and Grogu's life. She had to be smart about this. She couldn't just punch her way out of this one. 

"Why are you here all of a sudden? It's been days and this is the first time you've come to see me," Celeste asked.

"I forget how intelligent you are," Gideon chuckled lightheartedly.

Gideon's poker face faltered and that was all Celeste needed to see to know something was wrong. He had come to transport her. Or protect her. From what though? Someone had to be on the ship--Mando. "He's here, isn't he?" Celeste smiled, wickedly. 

Gideon did not reply. "You're waiting for him to come to get me here, aren't you?" Celeste scoffed. Her blood began to boil. She felt the force push her to attack Gideon, to hurt him before he could hurt anyone else. So, she listened. She used the force to slam Gideon across the room. "No backup, Moff?" She tsked at him.

Her eyes trained on the saber in his hands, and she used the force to retrieve it for herself. Once the cool metal hit her fingertips, she wasted no time in destroying her restraints and freeing her limbs. She jumped to her feet and twirled the saber in her hand. "This is nice," she mentioned as she walked up to Gideon, who hadn't even had a second to breathe yet.

Once she was close enough, she towered over him as he laid on the ground--still trying to collect himself. "Goodnight, Gideon," she spoke right before she kicked him in the face, knocking him out. 

Hastily, she hurried out of her cell using the key from Gideon's unconscious body. She heard a ruckus of blasters being shot from down the hall, so she ran toward it. Once she got close enough to see the glimmering beskar armor, she realized Mando was getting pinned by one of those dark troopers that had captured her. It was holding Mando against the wall and punching him square in the helmet. Mando was trying to use all of the tech he could on the trooper, but it was simply too strong. Celeste growled and charged toward the two, the dark saber in hand. She swung as hard as she could, decapitating the trooper that was hurting Mando. Despite its head being cleaned off, its body still held Mando up against the wall. So, she then severed its arms to free Mando.