27|Claim

Anastasia's POV:

It had been two weeks since their revelations. It all made sense, they were the Russian Mafia. I'm just mad I hadn't picked up on it earlier. I felt relief when they told me Gerald had made it to hell. However, there was still the man that haunted my dreams. It made me feel better knowing who my brothers were, but I knew that I would never be at peace until he is dead.

Life was great for me at the moment. I was talking to Domenico almost every day. We would text also, the only thing is that my brothers did not know about this. The only ones who knew were Octavia and Eos. I felt bad for keeping this from my brothers. They had told me to stay away from him, but I can't. I've tried but couldn't.

I had also been training. I decided that I wanted to be a part of the 'family business.' Adrik was hesitant, but Alexei had convinced him. Although I could not do anything but train until I was 18.

The family had left except for my cousins. As for Jennika, my brothers had put one of their men to follow her every move. Our sperm donor and his wife were still in Chicago, but Adrik had kicked them out of the house saying that he brought too many problems. When Adrik had told him an argument broke out. They could not talk to him without them fighting.

FLASHBACK 3RD POV:

After everything that had gone done Adrik and Aleksander decided it was best to ask their father to leave. The rest of the family had left since they were only here to visit for a short while. However, their father announced that he was going to stay in Chicago saying that he was here to mend and build a relationship with all their children.

Adrik did not want that because he knew that they could not live under the same roof. If their father really wanted to mend the relationship he would respect their wishes and do it while not living under the same roof.

Dasha had talked Maxim's ear off about getting to know his daughter. Maxim was put off when he first met Anastasia since she was so closed off. Maxim felt as if her brothers had poisoned ear off about him as a father. The thing was that it didn't take rocket science to see that Maxim wasn't a father to them.

Not only that, but Octavia let it slip that when Anastasia was in the hospital they called their dad but he did not answer them. Even if he didn't know about Anastasia was alive, she felt that if his son is persistently calling him then there is something going on.

Although the brother called Dasha their mom, Anastasia did understand why they called her mom. In Anastasia's eyes, Dasha took their father away. From her understanding, Dasha knew the relationship between the boys and Maxim was bad, but she still took Maxim away for years. For what to go traveling.

The brothers and Anastasia had gone back to the mansion after making sure that Jennika had taken the first plane out of Chicago. Upon entering the house they all saw their father cozied up with Dasha in the living room. This bothered them because why did they all of a sudden want a happy family.

Immediately the twins took Ana upstairs. To them, that man sitting there was not their father. He had missed out on their entire childhood. He couldn't even tell Anton and Andrey apart. The only reason he is here now was for Anastasia and it hurt them to know that they were not enough to make their father act like a father. Anastasia knew this by the way they talked about Maxim. She did not want to have a relationship with him when he couldn't even have one with his sons.

"Father we need to talk alone preferably," Adrik spoke coldly. He did not want Dasha to hear this because he didn't want her to take it the wrong way. Dasha got up and gave them a small smile before she left.