chapter seven

The first week back ended quickly, in Ophelia's opinion. She finished up the last two days of the week with no more detentions or problems. She thought that it was pretty uneventful, but that changed soon after she had gotten back from her final class on Friday evening.

She walked into the Gryffindor common room to find it pretty much deserted, other than a few students. She dropped her school bag off in her dormitory and decided to head down to the great hall, as that's where she assumed her friends were.

She walked down the spiral staircase and into the common room, but before she walked over to the portrait hole, something caught her attention.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a paper on the bulletin board that hadn't been there earlier that morning. She went up to it and her face lit up as soon as she started reading.

The first Hogsmeade weekend was the very next day, and she became giddy just thinking about it. She immediately rushed down to the great hall to tell her friends about what she had just read.

It usually wasn't this early in the year, seeing that it was the first week, but Ophelia wasn't complaining. She was glad to be able to go back to Hogsmeade! It had been since last school year since she had been, and she always loved it there.

She walked into the great hall, the moon shining down from the enchanted ceiling, and spotted her friends sitting at the Gryffindor table immediately. She ran up to them and took a seat in the middle of Alice and Lily.

"Guess what I just read in the common room!" she said.

They all asked "what," with curious faces.

"The first Hogsmeade weekend is tomorrow!" she exclaimed.

They all grinned around at each other. The four Gryffindors loved going to Hogsmeade together, even if they weren't buying anything. They just liked to look around the shops and walk around the village.

They all started planning what they wanted to do the next day, and which shops they definitely wanted to visit.

"I definitely want to go into Zonkos," Marlene started. "I heard they released another Martin Miggs the Mad Muggle comic book, and I'd like to see if they have it in stock yet!"

Ophelia agreed with her, excited for the next day as she grabbed a golden plate of salad from the middle of the table.

The next morning, the four Gryffindors woke up early, excited for the first Hogsmeade trip that year. Being the first week of September, it was still pretty warm out.

Ophelia picked out a brown corduroy skirt, a detailed white silk tank top. She packed a tan sweater in her bag as well, just in case it would get colder throughout the day, but she wasn't expecting to need it.

They walked down to the great hall, receiving catcalls and wolf whistles from Slytherins the whole way there. Ophelia had to control herself so she wouldn't hex them.

They sat down, far away from the marauders per lily's request.

"He won't leave me alone," Lily complained, as she grumpily stared at James. James caught her eye, and she immediately looked away as she groaned.

Ophelia looked down over at the table and made eye contact with Sirius, who raised his eyebrows, pointed at Ophelia, and then at his clothes. She didn't know what to make of this, wondering if he disapproved of her outfit or thought she looked nice. Hoping it was the latter, she started to spread cream cheese on her bagel.

After a nice breakfast, where everyone around them was talking about Hogsmeade, the four girls walked out of the hall and outside into the warm summer air. Ophelia took in a breath as the sun beamed down on her face, making her face glow warmly.