Chapter 41: Let Me Protect You (IX)

All these years, Shang Ke had been paying attention to the Feng Family's activities. After a period of unrest, they had finally settled down, but their strength took a significant hit. Both their political and economic power were greatly diminished, and they were currently in the difficult stage of pulling themselves back up. Their funds were especially tight.

The reason why Shang Ke chose to tell Feng Juan the news now was so that he could properly return to his family. If they went after the Feng Family had once again rose, it would be difficult to avoid suspicion and gossip.

The development of "Mr. Bruin" was going well. Although it couldn't compete with those large conglomerates, they could still afford to take out tens of millions.

Feng Juan read the information that Shang Ke had gathered on his family, then remained silent for a long time. After being separate from them for ten years, he no longer felt a strong attachment to his past, because now he had Keke and the Ferrg couple, and he considered this place his home.

"Keke, are they really my family?" Feng Juan hesitantly asked. Actually, he wanted to ask something else. Since Shang Ke told him about them, it meant that he had already confirmed it.

"Won't we know if we go and take a look?" Shang Ke gave him a faint smile.

Feng Juan looked at his smile and his mind steadily calmed itself. He also spoke with a smile, "Luckily, we're on break right now. Shall we go to China for vacation?"

"Sure." Shang Ke was considered half a government employee, so he had to apply for permission to go abroad. However, with his current age and his good behavior the past ten years, applying for a pass shouldn't be difficult.

"Then let's sleep!" Feng Juan closed his laptop and placed it on the cabinet before pulling Shang Ke into bed.

"Sleeping is sleeping, don't you dare do anything else," Shang Ke sternly declared.

Feng Juan held his waist and asked in a low voice, "Keke, what is our relationship right now?"

"Family, as we always were," Shang Ke replied.

"Brothers are family, and a married couple is also family." Whether they were brothers or a married couple, he wanted to be made clear.

Shang Ke dared to pinky swear that, so long as he said they were a married couple, this guy would immediately pounce on him. Therefore, he could not admit it no matter what.

"We haven't married, so where did this married couple come from?"

"Then when I'm eighteen, let's go get married?" Feng Juan felt that this was a great suggestion.

The UK had legalized same-sex marriage over ten years ago, so although Feng Juan was at a loss for a while, he still naturally accepted it in the end.

"Juan Juan, you are still too small." Young, impulsive, and passionate about anything new.

Shang Ke was not sure how long these feelings would last. After all, he had always separated from this man rather quickly in all of their past few worlds. No matter how deep their feelings were, they were always short-lived. In addition, he had a mission to do and could die at any moment. His life with Feng Juan these past ten years had made him very happy, and it wasn't important whether they got married or not.

"You're only a year old than me." Feng Juan flipped over and pressed him down, raising an eyebrow. "Besides in age, where else are you bigger than me?"

Shang Ke was rubbed a few times by him mischievously and he clenched his teeth. This guy appeared mature, but at the core he was still a little devil who liked to flaunt!