Chapter 43: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (I)

Shang Ke began to accept the information sent by the System.

This was a cultivation world and his original body was a mushroom—a mushroom that grew on the summit of Phoenix Mountain and absorbed the essence of the sun and the moon for five hundred years. He was originally a good mushroom that could be picked in another two to three hundred years and become some cultivator's tonic. But one day, at the bottom of the Phoenix Mountain in which he resided, a devil cultivator arrived. And that was this world's main character, Yan Lu.

Yan Lu's original name was Yan Lu, His family wished for him to become a government official and for his career to go smoothly. Yan Lu did not have any emotions or desires and his relationship with his own kin was thin. When he was twelve, he left home and started to walk on the path of devil cultivation and changed his name to "Yan Lu". The path of slaughter was fearless and free to walk upon.

Yan Lu was a genius created by the heavens and progressed at lightning speed. In addition to his fortuitous encounters, he only needed three hundred years to cultivate to the summit of strength and the devil tribulation descended.

The location for his tribulation was right under the bottomless cliff where the little mushroom grew. Because of the devil tribulation descending, the little mushroom obtained self-will earlier and thus, its demon spirit tribulation started. With the two tribulations happening at the same time, their might was astonishing. The little mushroom rode along Yan Lu's coattails and with the help of his devil qi, smoothly passed the demon spirit tribulation and turned into a person. But his true body was still a pure spirit mushroom that turned into a poisonous Devil Mushroom.[2]

Afterward, Yan Lu became a Devil Lord and the Devil Mushroom "worked together as villains" and brought disaster to the human realm, causing the cultivation realm to be filled with blood.

Shang Ke felt that a poisonous Devil Mushroom was great, the Devil Lord was also very great. He also wished he could destroy the world right now but he couldn't!

During the final battle, Devil Lord Yan Lu swallowed the Devil Mushroom spirit he had raised for such a long time and his strength greatly increased. He massacred large numbers of righteous cultivators and completely destroyed every sect until they could never recover. From then on, the righteous cultivator group thoroughly came under the rule of the Devil Lord.

Shang Ke was speechless: What happened to "working together as villains"? He actually went berserk and ate up the little mushroom that was like a close friend! Was it really such a bad idea for two bastards to mutually rule the world?

【Main Mission: Cultivate Yan Lu into the God Lord】

F*ck me! Yan Lu was just about to pass the devil tribulation and would be promoted into a Devil Lord in just a few hours. To cultivate a Devil Lord to a God Lord, was this humanly possible? Even if he was the reincarnation of Tathagata (Buddha), it would likely be impossible!

Shang Ke didn't expect that the so-called Mission Difficulty 2x was such an illogical existence.

There wasn't much time to think deeply right now. The only thing he could do at the moment was to stake his old life and prevent Yan Lu from passing the tribulation. If the tribulation failed, Yan Lu could not become the Devil Lord. If he was lucky, he might directly enter the cycle of reincarnation and be reborn. If that happened, perhaps he would still have the chance to complete the mission.

Shang Ke shook his mushroom head and stimulated the spiritual qi in his body out; then, he quietly entered Yan Lu's devil tribulation. There was also a thunder tribulation above his head. It was the immortal spirit tribulation for spiritual items like him. Because the original body had been influenced by devil qi, the immortal spirit tribulation had turned into demon spirit tribulation.