Chapter 49: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (VII)

Shang Ke once again experienced his soul leaving his body. This meant that he wasn't completely dead and further resurrection was possible.

Yan Lu's situation was not very ideal though. His eyes were bloodshot, his body badly damaged, while the energy in his body was in complete chaos. If he did not rest properly, even his spirit root would crumble. He carried the mushroom body, now turned into a flower, and walked aimlessly. He only collapsed near a brook when his body gave out and his strength was completely exhausted.

Shang Ke, now reduced to soul form, followed by his side without faltering. He tried entering the mushroom body several times and discovered that he could freely change between states. The devil dan within the mushroom body had already crumbled, so for the time being it was impossible for him to transform. If it weren't for the golden seed given by Daoist Luo He, the moment the devil dan crumbled, he would have been sent back to the system space.

Shang Ke suddenly realized that each world actually had its own opportunities. He did not necessarily have to rely on the system to give him rewards. If he took advantage of the opportunities given to him, grasp them and look for other help, it would all raise his chance of completing the mission.

Yan Lu's external injuries appeared serious, but it was not hard to heal. What was worrying him was the inside.

【Yan Lu, Yan Lu, wake up.】 Shang Ke tried to wake him up, but there was no result.

He tried to move his body, but he could only float a few centimeters for about three to four seconds before turning powerless. Shang Ke knew that souls could also cultivate, but a soul like him without any foundation had nothing to work on.

Despite this, Shang Ke paused and walked over and over again until he finally moved Yan Lu to a spot where he can rest for a bit.

His soul state could not access the storage within his mushroom body so Shang Ke had no choice but to go out and find spiritual herbs. He cautiously decided to wait until a later hour to go out in order to lessen his chances of meeting a cultivator. A soul, especially a plant-type soul was a 'very nutritious' thing. Even if it's a righteous cultivator, it was quite hard to say that they would not have side thoughts.

Three days later, Yan Lu woke up from his sleep and discovered that all the injuries on his body had healed quite a bit. The chaotic energy within him has also eased somewhat.

Little Mushroom!

Yan Lu suddenly sat up, a soft lump immediately tumbling off his body. He subconsciously reached out to catch it and looked at it. It was the little mushroom-turned-flower-bud.

Yan Lu's taut muscles gradually relaxed as he caught sight of a couple types of medical herbs set beside him from the corner of his eyes. Among them was a herb that still held dew, it was clearly not picked too long ago.

Who saved him?

A trace of confusion and caution flashed through his eyes. He carefully checked over the medicinal herbs. They were all high-class spiritual herbs. Strange, since whoever left them was kind enough to give him herbs in the first place, then why did they not directly make them into a pill? After spiritual herbs are picked, if there is not a suitable storing method used, then they must be refined quickly so as to not waste the spirituality and effect of the spiritual herbs.

Yan Lu did not linger too long on that question. He decided to wait for the person that gave him herbs to return before bothering about it. He carefully placed Little Mushroom against his chest then picked up a herb and started to heal himself.

Unfortunately, because his injury was too great, he could only absorb half of it before fainting once again.

When he woke again, there was once again a large array of medicinal herbs set by his body. However, he still couldn't find any traces of the one who put them there.