chapter 5

Edited

NIKOLAI POV

After I finished eating breakfast I watched Serena as she slowly ate hers. I don't know but something about her was definitely different. The past 4 years that I haven't seen her have changed her a lot. Even though she had those cuts and bruises she still looked beautiful. She looked so innocent and pure.

Maybe it's because she's not all over you like she used to be.

I felt more interested in her, it was like I wanted to get to know her better other than thinking of her as a person who just wanted sex. "Are you almost finished?" I asked her and she looked up, her eyes locking with mine. She immediately looked away then slowly nodded. I really wanted her to get back her memory but I think the new her would be fine for me. She was more distant as if she really didn't know me and I kinda like that "Okay my sister will show you around" I told her.

Remember treat her better she has been through a lot

Standing up I run my hand along the fabric of my suit. She stood up as well and I watched Adriana as she grabbed her hand then pulled her towards the kitchen. I went back up to my office where Matteo was sitting down while going through some files. I sat down in front of him and he looked up at me.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked and I nodded then placed my finger on my chin.

"Yeah, remember when Serena used to be all clingy and needy around me she's changed a lot. She's more distant and she seems so shy. It's like two different people" I said and he chuckled.

"I mean, yeah she's acting a little different but that's because she lost her memory or something. Or maybe it's because she got abused by this Jace guy, he could've been the one who made her lose her memory, with the hitting and stuff. He softened her up" Matteo said and I knitted my eyebrows together then pursed my lip.

"This Jace guy I need you to find as much information on him as possible" I paused "I swear he's going to regret ever touching what's mine," I said then banged my fist against the desk.

"Seems to me like you are more interested in her. You said you were going to make her regret leaving but seeing her in that condition changed your mind" Matteo added.

"Yeah...... I don't know but I kinda like her..... I will start treating her much better. She can sleep in my room and use my shower, she can have anything she wants" I grinned and Matteo smiled then shook his head.
~~~
I spent the whole day in my office and the whole time I was thinking about Serena. I knew Adriana would make her feel more welcomed. It was getting late and I couldn't wait to see her again. Standing up I left my office then walked down the stairs to the second floor to get to my room. Opening the door I looked around. Adriana texted me earlier saying that Serena was in here. Taking off my suit and leaving me in my boxers only. Serena walked out of the closet with her head down. I cleared my throat and she looked up at me. Her eyes widen and she blushed then looked away. I watched her as she walked over to my bed then sat down with her back towards me.

I smirked then walked towards her "did you enjoyed spending time with my sisters?" I asked and she didn't answer me. "I asked you a question and I expect an answer," I said and she began playing with her fingers.

"Yes, I did enjoy spending time with Adriana and Isabella too. We did a lot of fun things today. They are so nice and Adriana showed me some of her stuff a- " Serena kept on talking with a smile on her face but then she stopped talking all of a sudden.

"Um... can I leave now, my best friend must be worried about me?" She asked and I leaned forward.

"Serena you can't leave, you belong to me," I said slowly so she could understand and she shook her head.

"I don't understand what you are talking about. I don't belong to you or anyone now please I'm begging you let me go" she begged and my jaw clenched and unclenched. Remember to be calm with her and don't shout.

"No, you are mine and you'll be mine forever," I said and tears filled her eyes. She has gotten so weak, back then she would've happily ran into my arms. But that's then this is now. I leaned forward to touch her and she flinched. "Why did you flinch?" I asked and she looks up at me as the tears fell from her eyes.

"I thought..... I thou- you were going to h- hit me" she stuttered and I run my hand over my face in frustration.

"Why would I hit you?" I paused "I'm not going to hit you and I never will" I assured her.

"I'm sorry please just let me go," she said then stood up. She kept on crying and I tried walking towards her and she ran into the bathroom slamming the door shut then locking it. Not this again.

Warning suicidal thoughts ahead!

"Serena open the door," I said as I softly knocked on the door.

"I hate myself so much why did I have to be alive, I don't deserve to live. I never got a chance to meet my mom, my dad and sister hate me and so does my aunt and uncle. I'm sure if my mom was alive she would've hated me too. I wish I wasn't born, I hate myself!" She shouted while crying.

"Serena open the damn door," I said but she just kept on crying.

"My boyfriend abused me and now I got kidnapped why did my life have to be like this. I should die then all my pain will go away" she said and my eyes widen. I could hear her searching for something in my bathroom. She opened my medicine cabinet. What was she searching for? I had to do something before she hurt herself.

"Serena opening the fucking door!" I shouted as I banged my fist against it. Kicking the door opened I saw her sitting on the floor with a razor in her hand. She was marking her skin with it and small drops of blood descend from her wound. My eyes widen as I ran over to her stooping to her level I grabbed the razor from her then threw it in the bin. Wrapping my arms around her she sobbed into my chest.

"Let me go, Nikolai, I don't want to live anymore!" She screamed while hitting my chest.

"Please Serena don't say all those stuff, you do deserve to live and I wouldn't want to see you die. I'm sorry that you've been through so much pain but I promise your life is going to be way better with me. Please trust me, I won't hurt you" I said and she cried even louder. Pulling away from her I quickly grabbed the first aid kit. I'm glad I got in here before she overdosed herself.

"Just let me leave I don't want to be here" she begged and I rolled my eyes.

"So Jace could find you or let you commit suicide. No way" I said as I dressed her hand. "I'll protect you, you can have anything you want and Adriana and Isabella will protect you too," I said and she nodded at the last part. She really liked my sisters. I'll have to keep a close eye on Serena so she won't try to kill herself.

"I-" she was about to say when her eyes slid shut. Her body fell loosely into my arms.

"Serena" I called but she didn't move. She fainted just like that. Standing up, I lift her off the floor then walked back inside our room. Placing her head down on the pillow I grabbed the sheet then covered her up. I texted Adrianna asking her if Serena ate her food and she told me no. I think I need to take her to the doctor to get her checked up and see if she's okay. I don't like the way how she kept on fainting. Now I'll have to make sure that she eats her food.

•••••••••••••••••••••