The Day I Marked (Preview) Not an Update

Hello guys!

I wanted to give you guys the FIRST preview to my new story "The Day I Marked". I hope you guys enjoy it and I look forward to writing this story. I've been working on the trailer all day so check it out!

******************************************************************************************************************

The Day I Marked : Preview

        The next morning I leave early so that I can go to these morning tutorials. The school is deserted and only one car is parked out front. I hope the school door is unlocked. I scan my I.D. and luckily the door opens. The halls are empty and I suddenly feel scared to be walking by myself. I quicken my steps and by the time I get to the library I’m out of breath. I rip open the door and I feel a blush creep onto my face as two heads snap to look at me. One is the snappy librarian who is shaking her head at me and the other Adrian.

            I smile apologetically and go to a table to sit. The library is silent. Nothing heard except the ringing from the lights above. I awkwardly take off my jacket and place it on the chair next to me. I pull out a notebook and a pen and begin doodling in the book.

            This was such a dumb idea! No one is even here. I shouldn’t have come and it’s all weird and strange and quiet. My mind began rambling as I sketched pointless things. I then remembered that this was the weekend I would be going to see my dad. A frown carved into my face as I thought about it. He would go on and talk about how proud I had to make him and then criticize everything about me.

            No one understood...Maybe I just felt misunderstood, or alone. No one ever noticed when I was upset or cared enough to ask. My parents sure as hell didn’t care and only annoyed me. I had no one to talk to-to confide in. All this frustration inside and there was no way to let it out. Sometimes I didn’t see the point to my existence. I didn’t want to be alive in a world like this…

         My thoughts always disgusted me. Some of the things I think of are just sick but it’s not like I can control it. They just come and go out of my mind. I’m surprised I’ve never done self-harm. I like to believe that’s because I always say if you’re going to do something you may as well do it all the way. And if I kill myself now I would be selfish. I would be taking my life but putting such a hard burden on my family and friends, and I can’t do that to them.

            I have to see Louis turn five, and go to the premier with Anne, and-and I have to take the SAT…I have to make my mom and dad proud at least once. I can’t do it yet… I glanced at my phone and saw that today was November 8th. I began writing the date over and over in different designs. Then it came to me. That was the date. This is the date.

            Next year today will be the day that I do it. I’ll wait a year. I’ll give my family a year. Suddenly a tap on my shoulder had me jumping out of my seat. My eyes widened as I snapped my head to look at Aiden.

            “I’m sorry.” He laughed a little. “Didn’t mean to scare you.”

            I composed myself and let out a sigh. “It’s fine.” I say. He takes the seat to my left and we fall into a silence much like the first night we met.

            “You’re here early.” He states.

            “Oh, yeah. I came for this tutoring thing…but I guess that’s not happening.” I chuckle.

            “Oh! You’re here for that?” He said surprised. I nodded and shifted in my seat. “I’m sorry I had no idea. I’m one of the tutors. But we really never have anyone come in the mornings…so I didn’t think…” He trailed off.

            “I get it.” I smiled tightly.

            “So do you want me to help you now or-,”

            I glanced at the time and saw that school would start soon so I politely declined. “It’s fine. School is about to start.” I shrug. His innocent face suddenly looked very guilty. His arm muscle poked out as he flexed his arm into a thinking position. I quickly averted my eyes so I wouldn’t be caught staring. “Aiden really it’s fine. Another time.” I say honestly.

            “You remembered my name.” He said happily. A big smile came across his face I felt a little freaked out.

            “Ugh-yeah I did. Is that a surprise?” I asked.

            “No.” He laughed. The librarian sent him a glare and he apologized. “I’m just impressed Skyler Charm.” I felt even more freaked out now that he said my full name. I took a lucky guess that his last name was the same as Ben, Homes. But I wasn’t just going to be a weird little creep like this boy and announce that I knew that. “I’m sorry, I’m making you scared.”

            “A little.” I admitted. I found myself laughing with him. His eyes fell on my notebook and I coughed and tried to close it without it looking weird about it.

            “That an important date for you?” He laughed. I stared in his eyes and tilted my head to the right. His eyes held a happy gleam. A happiness I wanted.

            “It’s the day I’m going to kill myself.” The words leave my mouth before I can stop them, and suddenly the library is back to being silent with just the light’s noise. His eyes are wide and his mouth slightly ajar. I feel my own eyes widen at what I just said to this boy. A total stranger. He’s going to think I’m psychotic. What if he tells someone? I begin stammering and gathering my stuff. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that.”

            “N-no, it’s ok. Where are you going?” He questioned, his words moving fast.

            I snatch my jacket and run out of that library. I don’t stop running until I’m at my locker. How could you be so stupid!? Why did you say that? I felt like I was about to cry but I held the tears in just so I could go through my morning without being attacked with questions. I grabbed my binder from my locker and quickly went to first period.

***************************************************************

I hope you guys like it.. :) if you have any comments about it i would gladly like to hear them.

Love you guys

and sorry i fooled you and you thought this was an update....but i did update yesterday so MAN UP.