Chapter 57: Steamy Escapade

Kyra's POV

We had been walking for nearly twenty minutes in peaceful silence, admiring nature and breathing in some fresh air. This was definitely one of the most beautiful forests I had ever been in. It reminded me of my special secret place with Dad. It had been long since I had been there. I had to make time and go there.

I didn't know where we were going, but I trusted Jayden. I loved surprises a lot and his surprises were always amazing. One thing I was definitely going to tell our children, if we ever had any, was that their father was a great man who always took good care of me.

"What are you thinking about now? Gowns and tiaras?" Jayden asked me making me chuckle. Dressing up was always my thing in my childhood days and I was very fond of Disney princesses and wanted to look like them.

"My mind is more about demand and supply these days."

"You've been handling the pressure remarkably well. You're really strong," he complimented me. This journey was tough, but I had to be the bigger person. I had to work extra hard to achieve my goals and create an image for Kyra London without mentioning Casella or Montero.

"You've been a supportive husband and I wouldn't have done it without you."

"I'm honoured to be part of your success story," Jayden crooned, flashing me a charming smile. I smiled back at him and moved closer to him. We linked our arms.

"What do you do in your spare time? Something that has nothing to do with business," I asked him out of interest.

"I hang out with my friends doing what normal friends do, visit cool places, try out new things and just relax. Above all, I spend time with Dad. I just love that man unconditionally and want to be there for him as much as he is always there for me."

"He loves you too. A hell lot," I assured him confidently. There was no question on that one. It was obvious.

"His love's guaranteed. I'm lucky to have him in my life. You know, after Mom passed away, he was shattered and broken. They were so in love and she was still young. It was a really tough moment for him and I had to be there for him."

"I understand. My mom went through hell during the period when Dad died. It was just horrible and it was like she was suffering more than everyone else. I'd crawl into her bed whenever she was asleep just to give her a good night kiss and tell her that I loved her. She was heartbroken," I divulged in a soft voice.

"It must be really painful losing your spouse. I can't even imagine the pain," Jayden replied. The thought of ever losing him made me feel sick. I would never be able to get over it.

We stopped walking and I faced Jayden. I held his hands and looked into his eyes. "Jayden, I have to make something clear between us."

"Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong?" he asked worriedly, holding my hands tighter.

"No. Jay, I'd rather see you married to another woman with many children, happy and alive, but never in a coffin. I know that death is inevitable, but you have to promise to at least take care of yourself. You have to take care of your health and stay away from trouble. Don't make enemies who might threaten to end your life. I'm begging you."

"I understand, Kyra. I do take care of myself."

"I've been through hell before, but losing you is something I don't think I'll ever get over. I need you alive and healthy."

Jayden pecked my forehead. "Always. You have to promise the same as well. I can't live normally without you. I'm incomplete without my better half."