24

Your POV

"Big news! Big news! Big news!" Andi was screaming through the phone.

"What do you want? It's four in the morning here."

"Well it's big news mixed in with sad news. I'm moving to California."

You shot up in your bed. "To California?"

"Yep." You couldn't see her but you knew she had a huge smile on her face. "My manager thinks it would be a good move for my future. It's where the heart and soul of the industry lives."

"But that means you'd be moving out."

Her voice dropped an octave. "I know. That's why I said it's mixed in with sad news."

"When do you think you'll be doing this?"

"In a couple months. I have to find an affordable place to live first then pack all my stuff and move it across the country."

You wondered what life would be like to live alone. You always had someone around your whole life. You've stayed in your apartment alone before, but never full time. You had previews of what it could be like when Andi was away filming, but you were expecting her to come home. Knowing someone still lived in the room two doors down form yours. Also, when she was away, you would go stay with Tom or he would come stay with you. Now that you don't have a boyfriend and Andi was moving, you were going to be completely alone.

"That's awesome Ads. If you think that's what you should do, then I fully support it. 100%." This was her dream and you couldn't hold her back.

"Ah thank you (y/n). I love you and I can't wait to come home and tell you all about Hawaii. I'm going to let you go and get your beauty sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Ads."

You hung up the phone and closed your eyes. Your mind wouldn't stop thinking of how life kept wanting to change around you. When was your life going to change for the better?

Your mom woke you up to music blaring in the kitchen. She was cooking breakfast while singing her heart out to random rock bands from the 70's and 80's.

"Good morning." You yelled as loud as you could to be heard over the music. You were a little irritated to be woken up, especially since Andi woke you up at four, but give it some time to fully wake up. You'll be fine.

She hurried over to the speaker and tuned it down. "Good morning sweetie. How'd you sleep?"

"Fine. What are you cooking?"

"Since we decided to keep the eggs, I'm making eggs and biscuits with a side of fruit."

"Sounds good." You walked around to grab a strawberry. "What do you want to do today since you have the day off?"

"Well it's going to rain all day or I would say let's go to the beach. How about we go see a movie?"

"Sure. Do you mind if we stop somewhere first?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"I wanted to check out the store called Fredick's."

Your mom pulled the biscuits out of the oven and grabbed two plates. "I love that store. What do you need from there?"

"Nothing. I know the guy who owns it. He invited me to stop by."

"He's cute isn't he? I've seen him a few times when I've gone inside." She wiggled her eyebrows at you.

"He's just a friend. I just want to see what it's like and what they have. Nothing more than that."

"Whatever you say."