Chapter two

Sierra's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling sticker than honey. I groaned in annoyance when I realised I was covered in sweat. I may as well be sleeping naked, I thought to myself. I peeled my clothes off which was sticking to my body like second skin and made a beeline for the shower. I washed my hair using a strawberry and vanilla scented shampoo that Mia had gotten me for my 21st birthday a few months ago. After showering I got dressed in a white frill crop top and a mini green patterned skirt with a small slit going up my thigh. I straightened my hair and quickly did my makeup. I planned to ask Veronica and Mia if they wanted to go on a picnic today.

After walking out of the bathroom I realised how incredibly quiet the condo was

After walking out of the bathroom I realised how incredibly quiet the condo was. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I walked down into the kitchen where I heard muffled voices. Everyone was sitting around the island, huddled in close. Whatever they were talking seemed like it wasnt meant for my ears to hear. Justin was the first to notice me. "Sierra!" He said loudly. It almost sounded like he was trying to notify the others of my presence. Everyone immediately whipped around in their seats and looked at me.

"Hey what are we talking about?" I asked taking a seat next to Mia. I picked up a washed grape and plopped it into my mouth. They all exchanged glances between them. Their nervousness was as clear as water. I eyed them suspicously. "Are you going to answer me?" I laughed

"Oh nothing, we were talking about what we will be doing this summer" Veronica quickly dismissed.

"Oh cool,  seeing as we are on the topic I was actually thinking about going on a picnic today. I can make a few stuff or we could stop at the store. We could go down to the lake" I suggested.

"We can't" Mia rushed out. I raised my eyebrow at her. "Yeah uh...we have something planned already" She said looking at Justin with 'help me' expression.

He cleared his throat and sat up straight in his seat "Yeah we sorta planned a double date today. You could come but..." he trailed off subtly reminding me that I am single.  I was incredibly annoyed because I had just gotten dressed and I had planned to spend everyday of summer with them.

"Oh no I get it. We can hang out tomorrow then" I laughed acting unfazed.

"Great we will see you later, bye babe" Veronica cheered and kissed my cheek. They all bolted out of the door before I could even say anything.

I huffed in annoyance and looked around the apartment trying to figure out what to do. I decided to make myself an omlete and watch The Office on Netflix. As I was scrolling through instagram I saw my friend, Steph, had posted a new picture with her and her girlfriend. Steph and I had been friends for years but after a year of staying with us in New York she wanted to move to Italy. Ever since she moved we have drifted but we still keep in touch from time to time.  After two hours I was already bored out of my mind. I grabbed my phone and texted Veronica and Mia in the girls groupchat.

me: How's your date going ?

Veronica and Mia saw it the second I sent it but didnt reply for a couple of minutes.

Veronica: Its good. We will be home in a few hours

I groaned out loud. This was stupid. I should be doing something useful rather than just laying on the couch like the miserable single twenty-one year old I am. I got up and grabbed a pair of white sneakers and a green shoulder bag to match my skirt. I got into my car and wore a pair of black raybans. I was in the mood for a drink so I decided I would go to starbucks and then take a  walk around the city. I blasted Chase Atlantic's song, Slow down, my current obsession.

After ten minutes, I was walking into the coffee shop and propped my sunglasses on the top of my head. As I walked in my eyes immediately landed on the group of people by the window who looked an awfully lot like my friends. Veronica and Josh had their back turned to me and Mia and Justin were facing me. Then my eyes landed on the last person I ever expected to see again. He was back. Aaron was back.

My breathing quickened once I realised what was happening. He was back. Why was he back? Since when was he back? and most importantly why did my friends lie about where they were going?

I was pulled out of my train of thought when I heard my name. "Sierra?" Mia asked. Everyone looked up at me with widened eyes but my gaze zeroed in on Aaron. He looked amused just watching me stand there. His dark eyes raked my body before settling back on my gaze. He slightly smirked and then leaned back on the seat without taking his eyes off of me. I turned sharp on my heel and walked back into the parking lot.

"Sierra wait!" Veronica called after me but I kept walking away. "Sierra wait, let me explain-"

I whipped around "Explain what? Why my friends lied to me? why would you even do that? and why are you even hanging out with him? since when?" I yelled in anger.

"Because we knew you would react like this. We all knew. Listen, I understand if you still like-" she started but I couldn't let her finish that sentence.

"That was years ago Veronica! We are adults now. I would appreciate it if you weren't keeping secrets from me" I argued "I'm going home" I said turning around and opened my car door.

"about that...you know as the way we have a spare bedroom..."

My eyes widened in horror. I spun around nearly giving myself whiplash in the process. "Your're letting him stay with us without consulting with me first" I asked.

"Of course not but he is our friend Sierra and like you said we are adults" she reminded me, referring to my previous words. "So can you please put this behind you. It will only be for the summer" I couldn't help but roll my eyes. She said it as if summer will only last a week.

I sighed and looked back at the coffee shop window only to find Aaron staring at me. I quickly looked back and returned my gaze to Veronica. "fine but it doesnt mean im suddenly friends with him" I warned. She smiled and hugged me.

"do you want to come in with us?" she asked pointing to the shop.

"Dont push it " I cautioned

"right" she laughed and then walked away. I watched her walk back into the shop. My eyes couldnt help but fall on Aaron again for the third time that day. I scurried away and hopped into my car.

This is going to be a long summer.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey lovelies! Another week, another chapter. I hope you all enjoyed this one. I also wanted to let you all know that I changed the cover of my book. I found the first one was really plain and boring. Let me know what you think?

Until Next time

Precious xoxo