𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸𝟸

"I'm done, Beomgyu will never like me...
He likes Taehyun, and only him... he's the one who makes him smile, not me.."

"Well, you make me smile Yeonjun.." Soobin said with a soft smile.

The older just stole a glance at him then kept his stare back on the pavement, with tears seeming to indefinitely stream down his cheeks "They like each other, and here I am intruding because I'm jealous. Not jealous of Taehyun, but jealous of what they have.."

The sudden truth and realisation struck him after what Beomgyu said.
"I always wanted to have someone by my side and I chased after Beomgyu because he was the first person who spoke to me at school. And he's right... Sometimes I wonder if I even actually liked him that way" Yeonjun mumbled.

Soobin's eyes widened in disbelief "Why do you say that? You clearly do....."

"Yea but- I don't know what it is but- I just don't feel romantically attracted, like I don't see myself kissing him"
Yeonjun sighed, he's quite confused

"Like I said, he was the first person who spoke to me at school, I was so grateful for that. He made me open up more and that's how I met you. I think I felt indebted to him because of that and it slowly turned into some kind of obsession with him. To the point where.. I wanted to hurt Taehyun which is messed up.

Seeing my first friend being so fond of someone else, hurt me. I thought that losing him meant losing everything.. But I forgot that 'first friend' doesn't mean 'only friend'"

Yeonjun slowly looked up at Soobin, with his eyes red from crying. His friend who he always thought looked like a giant cute bunny
"I made another friend who is more there for me than he is..
I am my true self with them unlike with Beomgyu where I try hard to fit his tastes.
I never obsessively fought for their attention and was just natural.
I never try to look good when I laugh, unlike with Beomgyu. But with them, I snort cackles.

I was so keen on envying the relationship that Beomgyu made with Taehyun, that I didn't even notice that I already had it with... you.."

Soobin has to be hearing things.. Did someone hit Yeonjun's head for him to utter those words that he's been wanting to hear since like forever? Or maybe it was Beomgyu who slapped some sense into him.

Yeonjun spoke with hiccups "Soobinie has always been by my side, cheering me up, sharing his bread with me, listening to my selfish problems and took care of me the most. My gratitude for what Beomgyu did for me in the past, overshadowed my gratitude for you making me happy.."

Before he knew it, Soobin's vision was fogged with tears.. he has liked Yeonjun for so long.. and now the older is pouring what has been buried in his heart.

Yeonjun continued with a trembling genuine smile slowly playing on his lips "A few months ago, it slowly came to me that.. the one I truly liked was you..
But I kept on clinging to the past and telling myself that I'm supposed to like Beomgyu.
I was pushing you off because I was in denial.

Taehyun once told me that you wanted something more from me.. now I know what it is. I'm so freaking stupid, like I'm such an idiot for not realising it sooner.. I can't believe those two shorties knew this before me.. And I'm so sorry if I hurt you..."
He had a hard time speaking through his sobs "I.. completely failed as a friend. From now on, I promise to be a way better person to you, even though I don't deserve you" Yeonjun bowed.