Chapter 20

From that day on, I slept, ate, and talked, and usually spent my day in the Lounge. Because I was in no condition to move plus Alyx also wanted some guard for the books, which I said I was no help but he said I could shout and let everything be upon him. I offered to help, I wanted to be useful not just a dead corpse.

I often wanted badly to go home, rest upon my bed and forget everything about what happened, who Bloves are, Even the fact that I have a rude, deadly, and arrogant sister. To just dine with my grandparents and the dog Jet, who was always happy with me. He is always jumping around Alyx because he is better than me and he doesn't lay all day. I used to play with him with balloons and balls when he was a puppy, a small cute one. My grandpa and I trained him. Jet had been a family after all. And Grandpa has been a trainer after all.

Now, if you see, the dog is on the guard with me day and night. Doesn't leave the house if I'm in. Although he hangs around Alyx more, he does watch video games I brought from home in my bag. Alyx was not surprised the first time I showed him the video games because he knew all the devices used in the world outside. I asked him why isn't curious about the world outside and he said, he loves his place. I can't blame him for that.

"Woof!" Jet licked my face.

"You are hungry? Here, here come and catch this." I threw the dog crunches (a food Alyx brought for him). Alyx got a hand on it.

"Hey, jet! Come In here. Take it. Take it." we dodged the food.

"Okay, take it, don't be sad", I said when he sat in the middle of the lounge, tired, no he never gets tired, so done with being dodged would be better.

"Woof!" he barked happily

"Alyx?" I called. He appeared out of his books.

"Yeah?"

"What do you call someone with nobody and no nose?" I asked.

"Uh, I Don't Know," he said

"Lol, it's simple. No(body, nose)." I laughed. He did too.

"Okay, what do you call a pig who does karate?" I cracked another joke. "You?"

"Oh. Dude, a pork chop!" and I laughed bitterly. He made a face.

"Okay, this one: What did the flower say to another little flower?"

"You are ugly?"

"No. hi bud!" I chuckled. "Yours was good too."

"Could've been anythin'. Like, uh be aware of a boy named Jasper who cracks jokes lamer than himself and we can become his target one day." He replied.

I laughed so hard that my stomach started to ache. Then I was able to hear the horse's hooves.

"Is someone coming?" I asked, stopping from chuckles. "Hazel," he said, his hand on his stomach. He lifted his weight and removed the books which fell during our laughing sessions.

"It could be Hazel, Charlotte said she would come." He squinted at the door.

At the end of the sentence, the wooden door opened with a large boom.

"Hi, guys. What's up?" Charlotte. Dressed in a small waist up yellow shirt on which it was written.'' Hi, Sunshine'. She wore a black mini skirt underneath but with black boots. Her blond hair was braided neatly, ending where her miniskirt ended. Too long, I know. Her posture improved and fresher like her hazel eyes.

"Hi, sis. How everythin's'? The sky's blue, books are new. Any news? How's jasmine?" Alyx asked moving towards her. They both hugged.

"Oh, she is fine. Alyx! I am so sorry, the last time I wasn't able to say any kind words. But today, I'll stay. My room is clean? Let me see myself." Charlotte said, stepping inside and setting herself on the couch near the bookshelf far from me.

"Yeah, actually..." they started to talk.

While I was wondering how I was able to face her. Last night I was able to walk around, but due to paper medications, if I walk too much, I'll eventually fall. Lately, Alyx told me the arrows Elvina shot on my gut were poisoned. No doubt she wanted to be my murderer. I was trying to hide in myself or whatever, but I was 100% sure, I should leave right now. Temporarily.

So I made my way out in the grass like an old man or one handicapped. I walked slowly with Jet on the guard with me.

"Woof. Woof!" Jet exclaimed.

"No, Jet. I just don't know. You know what? This is draining me out. I don't even know if I would make it out of here." I answered.

"Woof," he said in agreement.

"Okay, it's been a long time since we have played together. Let's play ball. Here catch it!"

If I was sad, and far from home, I needed to show some respect and tell my only friend who knows me and me, him.

"Woof!"

"Hey there, Little Buddy, you are terribly fast. But, slow down or else you'll hurt your paw. Weeds and some plants here are spiky. You don't want to injure yourself like your friend. Do you? Here, catch it and I'll watch you come slowly and steadily. Don't run!" Charlotte's voice, sweet and tuned more like a loud whisper near Jet's ear. Jet barked and slowly went searching for the ball. I gazed down at the grass. Then I shifted uneasily in my place and then I started to take steps inside the house.

"So, how's your stomach?" her hazel eyes were fixed on Jet but I realized she was asking me, standing just behind me.

"Fine." I stopped and said trying to keep my pace.

"Good, I would want you to go and run like Jet because there are some guests coming." I turned over 180 degrees and saw her still looking at Jet who was now searching for the ball in the bushes far away.

A long unnatural silence.

"I'm sorry," I said finally breaking the silence.

"Huh?" Now she was smiling and waving her hand at Jet who was trying to run.

"For that day. I really messed things up. But, I respect your help. If not for you I would really be gone already. I came here to take my sister back and I'm gonna do this. I failed at thanking you for the moment I said you were always there trying to bring me back from death. And asked why. It was mean but I was tired at the time. Now, that I think you gave me energy and made me realize things are not always what we want," I looked up at her, her face was delighted, and moving in a slow up and down motion, "like your skill is a helper which you can't get rid of and that's your passion. We need to make things make way for us. Thanks, Charlotte for everything. Thanks." I was too scared to look up but when I did, Charlotte was staring at me. Was my apologizing unnecessary or thanks?

"I thought. Nothing". I could see her face getting red once more.

"Umm, I am not that mean."

"Of Course not. You apologized, didn't you?"

"And thanked." no expressions.

"I agree you did hurt me but I accept your apology."

"Woof!" Jet barked from near bushes to tell us that he was coming.

"Hey, you did great doggy. Now, come on. I have some of your favorite cookies, want them?" Charlotte patted him. His tongue came out and he closed his eyes without realizing Charlotte was trying to stand.

"Woof!" Jet licked her hand.

"Uhh, I don't like this, anyways, come on." she picked herself up. " And you can come too." She tried to hide her smile but I found that.

"Yeah, coming."

I ran to hold her hand.

Read, Vote, Comment, and Share!

Your effort means a lot to me!