Chapter 21

"So, this is how she won! Great. Her IQ level must be high." I commented on the story of Elvina's victory in this just the recent competition.

"Yeah. Every Olympic person who is fond of victory and not the real victory as in working hard and either losing or winning works on that. The real victory is like never giving up, which I think must have been Emma's. Knowing of her defeat, she still comes on the battle with her sword ready... Then finally her fear or feeling of being less from a royal warrior stopping her from winning would stop bothering and finally she wins. Okay if princess Elvina wins, but Emma doesn't give up too." she threw a pillow down on the floor.

"Hey, you are not fighting with my pillow, are you?" I asked picking and hugging my pillow tight to me. Alyx and Charlotte had already arranged Alyx's room for me since Alyx needed to repair some things and He said I needed to sleep more silently- I was supposed to take care of the room.

"How does Emma look?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Emma? You are not interested in your sister's opponents, are you?" she asked, teasing.

"God, no! Just asking. Anyways. Where's Alyx and when are you leaving? I am totally fine and can kick anyone in the gut! You don't need to nurse me around now." I said, throwing the pillow back to her.

"Funny!!!! Of course, I'm staying here. I have my room not with you, mind you. But, since we have some special guests coming, you need me here." She said placing the pillow nicely on the couch and walking towards me.

"Uh, you've been telling me about these Guests' arrival, who are they?" I asked.

"Actually..."

"Charlotte! They are here!" Alyx shouted from the corridor huge window.

"Really? Come, Jasper, there is someone I want you to meet." Charlotte took hold of my hand and ran, of course, I couldn't do anything except to run with her and keep my pace.

When I got to the lounge, well...it was so much in order. I mean since I came here, everything seemed so messed up and all books and papers. The smell of cinnamon and old books. But today, every book was neatly kept on wooden shelves all around the house. Papers were folded and were set aside inside a new glass cupboard. Couches and pillows, spick and span. The wooden floor shining after being groomed and cleaned.

I tried to keep my feelings to myself and instead espied the new people...err, elves. They were both halves of my height, had pointy ears and a long nose, with huge big eyes. One elf man wore a robe clutching his toes, a misty charcoal color (of the robe). He had big oval eyes of the same charcoal color, deep and insane, and unusual and scary. His skin was white and his black velvet ears pierced with single hoop earrings in each. He had a broad smile. On his head sat a huge crown of palm tree leaves with a big pearl just the size of my finger, glowing with all its might.

The lady elf, more beautiful and elegant in a dark red-maroon robe, same glowing skin, and her eyes were pure strawberries except for seeds in there. She also had typical elves look: pointed ears, and long nose | pierced ears with double hoop earrings on one left ear and the other one-the right one- had 3 piercings. She wore a little make-up and a flower and pearl crown.

"I have a strange feeling I have seen them somewhere, but I can't remember where," I whispered in Charlotte's ear.

"Oh, that can be possible?" I couldn't make out whether she was being sarcastic or was she serious.

"Greetings, Jingles, and Kringles. You are highly welcomed here. Have a seat, please. This is all yours." Charlotte said in a melodic yet expressive voice. The two elves, named Jingles and Kringles sat near the hearth on the leather couch.

"Thank you, cha'lotte. You a' as kind as always." the woman elf said. Then she happened to notice me, "Eh, Jaspe' Jemy? How a you doing?" She said in the same strawberry rhapsodic voice she used to talk to Charlotte.

"I am as amazing and agile as ever. But, how do you know me?" I asked.

"Jaspe' Je'emy. The son of ou' maste'. We we'e the'e to p'otect you and you' siste' eve' since, but since you apa'ted you'self due to safety pu'poses, you a'e keen to fo'get me, afte' all you we'e only a little chubby kid." He drank the bear offered to them. "You' siste' does come to meet us when she needs to seek enlightenment and counsel. We we'e out fo' 3 months. So we lack the info'mation. Pe'haps, Alyx I want you to tell us things.". He looked over at Alyx who was standing just beside him.

"Basically, who are you two?" I still found a need to ask this.

"The Guardians." The man elf whose name was Jingles told me.

"The Guardians? I mean I saw your picture carved on the wooden box in the storeroom. Were you guarding the truth about my parents?" I asked out of emotions.

"Since'ely, I and Kringles have been suppo'ting the g'oup, the Bloves, you' Pa'ents, everyone as long as we lived. We were told by you' pa'ents to p'otect you and the truth f'om any opponent." he answered.

"You are immortal?" I asked.

"No, well, sort of. But we're the blood of those Elves that a'e supposed to live foreve'. The guardian's group. We can visit dead, but of cou'se you people need us here. We were bo'n to gua'd." he supplied me with new information.

"Are you family or relatives of...?" I lowered my voice, "werewolves or vampires? I know it sounds creepy but, owing to the fact that magic exists, Bloves sort of people exists, elves exist, and wars and everything exists, it is no joke if you ask someone if they are vampires or werewolves or some magic fairy princess or even a warrior who can shot an arrow straight into your gut."

"Be aware of your words, Jasper," Charlotte said with her hazel eyes ready to pop. "Mm, Jingles, Kringles. Would you like to have some pancakes and curry first or want to talk to Jasper? Actually, he wants his sister to know the truth about her family, but she won't just listen or even react politely. You are the ones most closely to Elvina. Can you help us tell her the truth? He can seek your advice, maybe." Charlotte said she was upset for me.

"Hmmm, I knew this would happen. I'm af'aid a wa'r could get sta'ted. It's horrible to even think of. Let's have some pancakes and curry. We'll discuss this afterward. The goldenazerialo's attacked, huh?" Jingles made a final decision.

"Goldenazerialo's?" I asked.

"Those golden crows and sheep and snakes. Those are the animals of the evil possessor of the power. Whoever that be now. Crows are specifically their thing. The golden ones with red eyes." Charlotte answered.

"Join us, Jasper'. We have sweet memories togethe'!" Kringles cheered and I sat with them in front of the hearth while Charlotte served.

If these elves knew everything, they knew my sister, then finally they could help me make Elvina believe that she was living with her enemy. Maybe that was possible. Maybe I could escape from here with my sister safely. Yes.

But what about what Jingles said in the end? A war? No, man that's harsh. I don't care to fight and I wasn't a warrior. But the war against who? Elvina? Was she turned into evil? Or the evil queen. The goldenazerialo's were a tough match.  

Hope you'd like the updates!! Stay blessed, take care of yourself! we need to save as many lives as we can to make this world prosper. Remember, the dead cannot bury the dead. So, stay strong and try to live happily!

See you after my exams!

Read, Vote, Comment, and Share- 

Winney Kate ;)