46

"W-what are you talking about?"

Alister's face dropped toward the w as he angrily clenched his teeth, his eyebrows furrowing deeper as he recalled the situation.
His hand gripped the edge of the tub harder while he tried to control himself.

"A-Alister?"
Kamala asked nervously from the tub, hot water spreading around her shivering body.
She had no idea what Alister meant by his statement but she feared the answer she would be given.
Alister wouldn't hurt her.
He couldn't.
He was the last person she had left in the world and the thought of him being the one responsible for her pain was terrifying.

"I-I don't understand." She says hastily, her worry growing twice its size each second that went by silently, Alister's presence still remaining wordless as he hopelessly tried to rid himself of  the anger circling him.

"You were hit by a bomb." He snarled at the memory as his fist grasped the rough metal tighter, both his hands growing whiter from the pressure.
"I was the one who set it off."

He growled out the last part, his eyes still unable to look at hers in fear of scaring her away. Lord knows he didn't look as gentle as he did only a few moments ago.

Kamala didn't say anything. The air surrounded them in an uncomfortable silence as her heart slowly fell within his words.
She couldn't believe it. Her ears repeated his words over and over again hoping that she had somehow missed something. Misheard, misunderstood, anything. Anything that would promise her that the person she loved didn't purposely tried to harm her.

She waited. She waited for him to start laughing telling her it was a joke or explaining how she had not understood, reassuring her of some stupid problem that had arisen that had nothing to do with the piercing pain going through her bones.

But he stayed silent.

And she knew that it was real.

A tear slipped down her cheek. She couldn't be alone again. He couldn't do this to her. She needed him to love her just as much as she loved him.

Alister looked back up, unable to keep his eyes torn away from her any longer. His heart fell as he silently watched the wet stain cross her cheeks and fall back into the body of water around her.
He felt sick to his stomach knowing that he was the source of her sadness.

Does she still love him?

The horrifying thought stabbed through his mind, immediately darkening his expression.

Yes. She had to. He would make her if necessary.
He was not loosing her. She was his and there was no way he would ever let her leave him.
She could hate him all she wanted but he was never letting her go.

"I d-don't understand. W-why?" Kamala asked throughout her tears, her sobs threatening to break out an any moment. Her brain was flooded with unanswered questions. Her memory was weak but even she could remember that they had left things on bad terms before his departure but surely he was not mad at her enough to actually try to deliberately injure her.

"It was never meant to fucking happen!" Alister growled loudly, getting back up from his feet, turning his face away from Kamala. His darkening gaze setting beside the sink, mirror focusing on his monstrous face.
Cruel eyes stared back, his eyebrows furrowing at the thought of her seeing him like this.
"They were supposed to die. Not you. Never you. Nobody fucking told me you would be there!"

He snarled loudly, his voice almost imitating the menacingly calm yet threatening voice he was so famous for. His fist crawled further into the marble sink, slowly starting to break it off its hinges.