21

"Oh, look who it is!" Pansy beamed brightly, stretching her hand out towards Blaise to pull him onto the sofa right next to her, the poor boy almost landing on her lap in the process. "Blaise Slugclub Zabini," She mocked, making him roll his eyes with a groan.

"Don't worry," I shook my head quickly, giving Blaise a knowing smirk as my eyes flickered over to Pansy for a second. "She's just jealous," I informed, to which her eyes widened in disbelieve; the only reason she didn't hit me already Blaise sitting between us.

She sent me a playful glare instead, glancing into Blaise's general direction afterwards. "So is that where you're going now?" She asked, trying to seem uninterested when she was — very clearly — interested. "Your precious little slug club?" She clarified, eyes roaming the common room rather than looking at him.

My hand going to straighten out a crease in his suit, Blaise nodded lightly, hand going over his shaved head once before a wide, fake smile revealed his white teeth — a stark contrast between them and his dark skin. His head was tilted slightly, and he batted his eyes at Pansy playfully.

"Indeed it is," He agreed, knowing it would only annoy her further. "But I doubt it'll actually be enjoyable in any way."

"Easy for you to say," Pansy huffed, shaking her head lightly as she threw a glance his way before going back to searching the common room; I wasn't quite sure for what.

Her eyes widened, then, obviously finding whatever they were looking for as she raised her arm to get their attention. "Draco—!" She screeched, waving the blonde over and making me regret ever sitting down with her.

Why did Draco Malfoy have to be my best friend's best friend, exactly? Surely he could just choose someone else.

Pansy made Blaise and me scoot over without ever asking, instead just pushing the both of us to the left side of the sofa while patting on her right side for Malfoy to sit. "You're not going to Slughorn's little dinner party, either," She pointed out before he ever sat down, and I noticed the slight hesitation to do so once the words left her mouth.

Though, his brows raised, waiting for her to go on as he took a seat on the sofa beside her. When she didn't say anything else, he followed up.

"What about it?" He asked, slight annoyance lacing his tone as he leaned against the armrest rather than the backrest of the sofa, and therefore facing all three of us.

"Nothing," She shrugged. "Just these two going on and on about it—" She grinned, knowing full well she was the one who did. My hand reached over behind Blaise's neck then, slapping the back of her head playfully.

The initial scowl on her face quickly turned into a grin as soon as we locked eyes, and neither of us could hold in the singular laugh escaping our lips.

"Hayes isn't even going herself," Malfoy spat, then. The smile on my lips immediately faltering as my eyes darted over to him.

And, though he was right, I snarled, "How would you know what I am, or am not invited to?"

A playful whine escaped Pansy's lips when she picked up on the tension suddenly hovering over our little group, Blaise standing up immediately after he noticed, too.

"You can't just leave me with these two—!" The girl protested at the movement, getting up herself. Blaise only shrugging; saying something in return, I blurred out as Malfoy spoke.

"I just do," The blonde said casually, leisurely sprawling across the entirety of the sofa, now that there was more space. His arms behind his back, his legs were long enough to touch my thighs if I wouldn't have moved further towards the left.