1 7 We Lost Them

"Towards the North East of Siberia, behind the Chersky range, lays the huge magical, majestic empire of Alkinshime where all mythical beings exist on Earth. It consists one of the gates that the gatekeeper protects, which is the only channel to other dimensions from earth, located in the city of the dead, protected by dragons and mermaids.

It had ice caps, meadows, lakes of gold, ponds of silver and a huge platinum wall fortifying the entire kingdom, covered with snow. The platinum reflected back the aurora beams shining at night, which to an observer, looked as if the sky is falling down. Every dream you've dreamt of, every mythical being you've heard of, exists there. Gorgons, Hydra, Pegasus, Griffins. Every city holds some treasure.

No human has been there, and if they dare cross the Chersky range, they never returned back from the city of the dead. The Dulik dynasty has been ruling over Alkinshime for the past 500 years, protecting the magical kingdom from human interaction.

Right behind the bronze gate of the city of the dead, lies a huge staircase extending to another city, walking into the divine realm, opening into the purgatory, a vast land, covered by dance gardens and star villages, stretching to a purple castle made of purple ambers at their center. That is the gatekeepers castle, surrounded by an entire civilization of stars called Stele arzătoare, divided into small star villages. This is where stars live until they are adults and ready to serve a demigod.

But the gatekeepers castle is just one half of a fragment of a huge ring, taking up the front half of the ring, yet another castle occupied the other half of the ring behind it, the golden castle, contrasting in colour to the gatekeeper's castle, it once used to shine bright golden, now it's grey and dull, resided by vampires and bats. It is situated at the center of the universe, once inhabiting the 12 heavenly stars.

They abandoned their respective towers of the golden castle after Beauty's downfall and those castles now lay in ruins for more than five hundred thousand years now.

Surrounding this huge ring, lie the gates to gods-Gate to Asgard, Gate to Mount Olympus, Gate to Heaven, Gate to Sídhe, Gate of Luth, Gate to Sacred Nubia and the Gate to the Cosmos."
Jevelene said as she sat on her bed and looked outside the window. Anton had his headphones on and was gaming on his PC.

Ariel sat before a fireplace and looked at the glowing embers, "Well, isn't this a complicated arrangement," He held his phone in his hands.
"But equally beautiful. I want to see it someday," She smiled as she held her phones closer to her ears.
"Sure, when you die," Ariel said.
"Haha, yeah, which will probably be a while for now,"

"What are your plans for now then?"
"If Mister Aleksei is going to Alkinshime, I will request him to take me with him...To the city of the Dead,"
"City of the dead? Man, what a gloomy prognostication. Why do they call it so?" Ariel asked.
"Because anyone who went inside it, never came back,"

"Why do you wanna go there, then?!" Ariel yelled, "Are you stupid or you hate everything around you?! You're finally settled at a nice place, away from that poor and stinky Italian harbour and that bitch ass grandma of yours, away from that ching chong orphanage where that old hag did nothing but order you around! You can finally study and get a job, marry and lead a normal life! What the fuck is your problem now?!"

Jevelene stayed quiet for a while, then, she spoke softly.
"Ariel, my heart longs for something else,"
"Lemme guess, death?"
"Death will come when it has to, we cannot stop that. If I have to die, you cannot stop it, Ariel,"

Ariel turned quiet.

Jevelene looked at the moon, "I just don't want to settle down yet. I want to go out and explore what my body holds. Why have I not gotten my Sila yet? Is it hidden within me or am I just not a demigod? I want my answers.