26: Trials

"I don't really want to do this."

"I know. I don't either but if we want her to get a good amount of time we have to."

I fix my shirt and sigh "I know."

I go in bathroom to brush my teeth and Hoseok leans over to peck my lips before I pick up my toothbrush "In and Out

I go in bathroom to brush my teeth and Hoseok leans over to peck my lips before I pick up my toothbrush "In and Out. If you don't want to wait in the courtroom until sentencing we don't have to, Detective Park and the prosecutor told us we can wait in the hallway after we testify."

"We'll see. I kind of want to see her face when she realizes she's done and it's over."

Hoseok chuckles and heads for the closet to get dressed. "I don't think I would mind seeing that either."

He gets dressed and comes out a few minutes later and I'm waiting by the front door, keys in hand "You can drive." I hand them over to Hoseok.

He takes them from me and then takes my hand and we leave the apartment and head down to the garage.

When we get to the courthouse, Detectives Choi and Park are waiting outside for us and the show us to the court room "If you want to stay out here for now you can, we can call you in when we're ready for you or you can come sit inside and watch the beginning."

Hoseok looks at me and I squeeze his hand slightly. "We'll go in but can you give us just one minute?"

They both nod "Of course, take your time." They go into the courtroom and Hoseok lets go of my hand and turns to face me.

"Can you tell me what you need?"

"Scent me while I scent you?"

Hoseok nods and tugs me forward by my waist and tilts his head slightly. I press my nose against his scent gland and he does the same. After a few seconds I press a soft kiss to it and he does the same, also nosing at the bite before pulling away. "You ready?"

"As ready as I can be. I'll squeeze twice if I need to step out."

"Okay." We go in the courtroom and the head judge gives me a small smile. I notice the small blue Cresent moon behind her ear and realize she can probably smell my anxiety through the scent mask I'm putting out, so I give her a small smile back and Hoseok sits us down in the front row.

The courtroom is empty aside from the judges, prosecutors, the detectives and ourselves. Tiffany and her lawyer haven't entered yet.

Soon Tiffany and her lawyer enter through a side door and Tiffany smiles at Hoseok but he glares at her before turning his gaze to me. I just give him a small nod and I can feel eyes on me and smell Tiffany's anger.

Everything starts with the prosecutors presenting their evidence against Tiffany. The photos, notes, police records, evidence that she violated a restraining order.

Her lawyers try their best to defend her, claiming that she has a mental illness and she still thinks Hoseok is hers. Then Hoseok is called to testify and without him next to me I start to fiddle with the sleeves of my shirt to keep myself calm.