17

Trigger warning!
//ANXIETY ATTACK//

These few following chapters ain't gonna be easy on ya, I'm warning y'all beforehand :/

___________________________________________

Grace Evans

It's the next day when Lauren comes to my room regarding some work.

We're almost done when she stretches on the couch.

"Do you have water?'' She questions.

"Yeah yeah. Hold on.'' i say getting up as i go and fetch the bottle.

I hand her the bottle and start making my open hair into a bun to stop it from going everywhere when Lauren's brows come together.

"You okay?'' i question looking at her.

"Are you okay?'' she says keeping the bottle next to her and pulling me closer as I stand there confused.

"Who did this?'' she says softly touching my arms.

Oh.

I almost forgot about them. Now that i remember the night flashes in front of my eyes.

"Grace who did this?'' she flickers her eyes back to me.
I didn't know how to answer this question.

"Uhm.. no one.. I must've got hurt somewhere.'' I say tucking my hair behind my ears.

"You think I'm that dumb?'' she gets mad. "Whoever you're protecting they're not worth it Grace. It looks painful. I wonder what it's like to have them.''

Painful.

"Lauren don't worry about it. I'm fine'' I say trying to calm her down.

"But Grace this isn't okay. Can you see how bruised your arm looks?'' she says seriously

"No.. but.. i don't wanna look at it..'' I murmur

"You need to see.'' she pulls my arm up so as for me to see.

I take a glance and see the place has turned dark purple and red. The fingerprints are clearly visible. It made me uncomfortable just looking at it.

"Do you see this? It's so hurtful. You need to tell me who this was.'' she makes me turn to her.

Her voice echoes in my head as my mind travels back to all the times I've been hurt like this. My heart starts racing and my palms get sweaty.

"Grace are you listening?'' she says a bit louder.

"Lauren please let's not talk about this. Please..'' i request as my heart felt like it added 50 pounds.

"But-''

"No please.. I need to be alone.. I'll talk to you later okay?'' I stand up walking towards the door as my hands started shaking.

"Grace you shouldn't do this!'' she shouts loudly making me lose my calm.

"Lauren please just let me be for a while!! I cannot talk right now! Understand'' I raise my voice.

"You know what. You deserve it. You're a coward who can't even take her own stand.'' she says storming out of the door.

I lock the door and rush to the washroom splashing water on my face immediately.

I didn't feel comfortable yet. I keep washing my face but it doesn't help. My heart rate kept increasing. My vision started getting blurry as I was starting to stumble.