100

"The first one will be a singing competition. The second and final one will be an embroidery competition! Though I allow it if anyone chooses not to participate." Elizabeth smiled and clapped her hands. This will be quite show...

She always loved watching as others fought, as she will be looking down on them.

"..." Alistair let out a sigh. At least she didn't do anything to terrible...

"Now let us begin! The ladies who chooses to participate in the singing competition will be lead to another room, to prepare." Elizabeth pointed at a certain servant.

The male servant nodded and bowed to her.

"Lina will you participate?" Rienne asked.

"No. Singing is not at all my specialty..." Angelina smiled and mocked herself. Then she turned to Rienne and asked her the same question.

"Me singing? No I can't. When I sing I sound like a dying donkey..." Rienne laughed.

"Do you think Alice or Arianna will participate?" Angelina smiled.

"Alice... Perhaps. But I'm not too sure about lady Arianna... She's not the type of person to wish to stand out and attract attention." Rienne pondered. She smirked and added, "believe it or not, lady Arianna is actually secretly quite insecure..."

"Really?" Angelina exclaimed, surprised. Arianna always looked to be a confident and dignified young woman... She would never expect her to have such a weakness...

As they were speaking, they both saw Alice and Evelina join the crowd that was lead by the male servant.

"Oh no... I'm not ready to have my ears destroyed..." Rienne glared at Evelina with disgust.

************
After they were lead to somewhere else, the male servant asked all the ladies, who were participating, which song they chose to sing.

Surprising everyone, Eveline chose quite a difficult one.

"Lady Evelina, can you really sing 'blooming petals?' " one asked, admiringly.

"Yes... It's a song enjoy listening to and I've memorized it. But I'm not sure if I'll do well..." Evelina blushed and made a flustered expression.

"Don't worry m'lady, I'm sure you'll do wonderful!"

"Yes indeed. Lady Evelina is the best!"

"Blooming petals is such a difficult song... I've tried it before and always failed. Lady Evelina truly is special!"

"I've heard of lady Evelina's singing talents before! They all said she has a wonderful voice!"

The compliments were never ending. As Evelina heard the never ending praises, her smile grew wider and wider.

***********

Angelina stood alone once Rienne left her. Glass full of grape juice in hand, Angelina dived into thought. She was even too distracted to catch the person approaching her from behind.

"Lady Angelina? Lady Angelina?" They continued to call out to her. She eventually noticed and turned to face them.

"....oh... Young master Chase. What brings you here to me?" She asked. Though her expression was straight, her eyes contained many emotions difficult to discern.

"Why didn't you join the singing competition?" He asked as he flashed her his usual warm smile.

"Singing is not suitable for me...." Angelina thought back to a memory and frowned.