Chapter 31

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I wake up and try to stretch my body, but I realize there's a heavy feeling over my body and I remember that I cuddled Loki to sleep. When I look down, sure enough, I find Loki clinging onto my body like a lifeline, as if I move the world will end.

I study Loki in silence. His soft breathing makes his body rise slightly every time he inhales, his raven, black hair is messy over my chest as his cheek rests in the middle of my chest, right above my heart. Loki's lashes lightly brush over his pale skin and his thin lips are slightly parted as he breathes. Loki is truly beautiful and undoubtedly attractive.

I move a strand of his hair away from his face carefully, my fingers brushing softly over his skin. I notice his warmth had returned to him and I smile knowing he has rested well. My mind drifts back to his confession.

"What I mean, Y/N, is that I am in love with you and no matter what I do to get you out of my heart, you always write your name back, over and over. I am in love with you and nothing can change the way I feel for you. I accept my defeat against love, so I surrender."

I think about the look in his eyes, the glimmer of hope, his truthful smile, the way he carefully held my face, waiting for my answer only to get heartbroken because of my insecurities. I'm still not sure if I can change my mind about this. I don't think I can just place my heart in his hands, not after what happened with my ex. I need more time to think.

I move my hand away from Loki's peaceful face and slowly roll him over to his side of the bed so I can slip out of his arms. Loki shifts a little and I hold my breath for a second before he stays still and keeps sleeping. I exhale a breath and slide my legs out of the comfortable bed, standing up and walking to my forgotten armor. I have no idea what time it is as the curtains are all closed, so I quickly dress up, trying hard not to make any noise with the metal uniform.

When I'm dressed I grab the book Syn had lend me earlier and walk over to the door and quietly leave the room, shutting the door carefully behind me before shuffling down the hallway to check if the kid's returned from their little trip. I walk out of the palace into the garden and sigh in relief when I see that the sun is still high in the sky. Its position signals me that it's around 1:00 in the afternoon, good think my father taught me how to read time using the sun.

I get to the stables and sure enough there's Thor dismounting his horse to go get the kids off of the other horses. The kids are giggling and chatting loudly, their voices all mixed up as they try to talk over each other. I smile and approach them, putting my hands on my waist.

"So, did you have fun?" I holler over the noisy children. They all turn to me, shooting me happy smiles and nod quickly, all of them agreeing to having had fun.

Thor gives me a solemn smile, mouthing an "I'll see you tonight." Before turning away and pulling his horse to its cubicle. I grab Agata's small hand to walk back along with Syn and June trailing behind us as thet tell me everything they did on their little trip. I lead them to their room where I ask a servant to get the bath ready for the children. When the three of them are washed and dressed up in clean clothes I leave them to rest until dinner is ready.