Chapter 4

Miles's POV

I went home feeling down. I can't attend the party now. Maybe it's for the better, I have free time to study more.

"Look at my suits here, you need to wear one. Sir Kai and his family will attend the party so Elites will be busy tomorrow. Team A is always at the mansion to guard Sir Gulf so I can't wait for tomorrow. Imagine, sir Kai will be there."
My brother is crazy for crushing on someone double his age.

"I can't go. My name is not on the list."
If only I knew that Syd will be there then I have listed my name in the attendees.

"But all students are invited. You should come." Mayka is too excited for tomorrow.

"Are you that excited to meet your boss?"

"Of course, when I was about to give up he tapped my back and said that I can do it and that is why I pushed so hard to aced all the physical exams."
He was so happy telling his stories.

"Don't tell me you have a plan in saying that to him."

"Are you crazy? Do you want me to die? We can't even look at his eyes because his husband is crazy and even their son is worst. I am contented by silently crushing on him. Kai oh my Kai."

My phone vibrated.

Shane: good news! I have successfully added your name. Be there, okay?

I almost scream out of joy. I can't wait for tomorrow. I can finally talk again with Syd.

"Why? What happened?" Mayka asked.

"I can attend tomorrow. Give me your best suit."

"Here, we are required to look good at parties like this so this attire will be best for you." I excitedly scanned his cabinet and search for something to wear for the party. I picked the blue one. I imagined myself dancing with Syd with romantic background music.

I prepared everything for tomorrow. I need to look good.

~~~~~

We are dismissed early so we can prepare for the party tonight. Some students are still not tired of bullying me. I am sure Cade is behind all the bad things that are happening to me.

"Are you going to attend later?" The devil approached me.

"You don't need to know." What's in it for him if I am going to attend or not?

"Be sure to wear something nice. Do not embarrass yourself." He said to me. He is so full of himself.

I was about to go home when Luke called me.

"Wait!"

"What, now?" I am in a rush already.

"Wear this at the party later."
I checked the paper bag and I saw a suit inside. It looks so expensive judging by the fabric.

"No need. I'll wear what I want. Thank you."
I don't trust him. He is Lucifer's number one minion.

"Just accept this. I already wore this once but I swear they won't notice it. This is the first time you are attending the party organized by MSU, right? This is not a normal party. You will be noticed right away if you won't be wearing something grand. Do not embarrass yourself and the students of MSU."

He put the paper bag in my hand. Why is everyone worried about my attire for later?

I quickly went home and opened the paper bag. I am thinking if I am going to use it or not. Wearing this, I think I can look better and impress Syd.