Chapter 53 (END)

The last few days felt like absolute torture to you. You've felt disheartened knowing you were about to leave this place and might never see it again. You also would hate to leave things between you and Mark on bad terms, but nothing is working out. There was a time when you tried to patch things up but he never gave you the time of day. His door was always locked or he wasn't home.  

It's not like either of you was in the right. Both of you lied to each other and there was a part of you that made you think maybe you overreacted a bit, but at the same time, you have a right to be upset. You wanna talk things over with him but he's also upset and you want to talk to Yeri more about their past relationship but she just disappeared. She won't answer any of your calls or text and no one's seen her around, yet some say she moved without saying anything. 

You try to forget the current situation by burying your attention into your phone. All your packing was completed and your suitcases rest quietly beside the door. Just looking at them makes you feel sad all over again.

But today was the day. The day when you and your mother take the train away from this town. But you'll be back. You told yourself you'll be back once you start university which won't be starting anytime soon. 

"Everything okay in here?" Your mother barges in, not wasting any of her time to knock. You peep over at her from your phone, not saying a word to her. She knows how you feel about this situation and she can't blame you for acting this way. "Just wanted to let you know we're leaving in ten."

There was a nod of acknowledgment that you gave her which she took as a sign to leave quickly which is what you want to do before you feel glum all over again. 

💐💐💐💐💐

All your stuff has been transferred downstairs to the front door. You've said your goodbyes to Jungwoo, Sana, Jisung, and even little Chenle who took it pretty well considering you both haven't known each other long. Though you still have no answer from Yeri. 

Your mom and Miss Lee say their farewells, hugging each other over and over again for what felt like forever. At this point, you might miss the train. You stand there awkwardly until she points her attention to you. There was an exchange of fiddly hugs and cheek kisses between you and Miss Lee. 

She sighs as her hands cup your face. "You're welcomed back anytime, okay?" She states. You just smile and nod in response. "I'll be happy to have you back anytime. It gets lonely in this big house and my son is no help."

You glance over at the staircase and then back at her. "Is he coming down?" You inquire, feeling sorrowful all over again. 

Miss Lee removes her hands from your cheeks and crosses her arms. She lightly shakes her head at you with a frown on her face as well. You sigh and put on a fake smile, taking your stuff and heading outside to the cab. Your mother says her last goodbyes before following you out. 

Miss Lee watches as the cab drives before closing the door behind her. Now to deal with her idiotic son. She heads upstairs to his room which she's pretty sure he's still in. He hasn't come out of it all day. 

She knocks on his door twice, no answer, but she knows he's in there from the faint noises she hears which she assumes is his guitar. For a third time, she knocks again. "It's me." She has to clarify. The faint noises stop, and nothing but the sound of a bed creaking could be heard. The door finally opens to reveal her beloved son.

He seems tired, eyes puffy and red. "Were you crying?" She inquires, patting his cheek as she walked into his room. 

He closes the door and rolls his eyes. "No."